Chapter 1~The beginning

“Are you sure you want to do tutoring?” the lady behind the desk asked me, again. I nodded slowly so she would understand.

                What’s the big deal? Most of my grades are in the high 90’s anyway. Only English is in the low 90’s but I’ll fix it. I’m a smart student.

                The lady sighed. “Okay. I have someone in mind. I’ll give you a call later if he agrees” She explained, writing something down and waved me out. I started toward the wooden door; the only way to enter and exit this small, white room.

                “That was fast” I muttered, once I was out the door and in the hall. I looked at KayC. He was leaning against the wall and he looked pretty annoyed when I found him.

“How was it?” he asked, as if he cared. I took my red glasses off my face and rubbed it against my pink shirt. I sighed. “It could have been better” I answered, disappointed.

                He got off the wall and started walking. “You’re such a dork” KayC told me. I put back on my glasses and stared at his back. For a moment there I was speechless. Then I shouted, “Excuse me sir! You didn’t have to come with me!” I jogged to catch up.

                I heard KayC growled loudly and I rolled my eyes. Some friend…   

                KayC is something. He always hangs around me and he always took care of me like it’s his job since we were around seven years old. We met on a rainy day. He fought some kid who had been bullying me. That boy shoved me into some fresh mud and KayC appeared and beat the kid up. I watch the whole fight. I didn’t tell on him when the teachers came by. Heck, I didn’t even care that KayC put himself in danger to protect me. To be honest, I don’t ever remember thanking him. Probably because I never did. Since that day, KayC has always been around me. I asked why but he never answers that one question. I wasn’t the type of person to ignore people so I befriended him. He acts more like a body guard than a friend. He always has been that way.

                So here we are walking to lunch in silent. I was walking behind him. I was super hungry too. My stomach was barking at me like a dog. I couldn’t wait to eat.

 “Iva!” a familiar voice shouted to me. I immediately turned around. I look to see if I knew someone but there was no one there.

That was so strange… Who could have called me?

                 I was just about to turn around again when I bumped into someone and hit my head against them. “Ouch! Oh my gosh! I’m so sorry” I told the person, rubbing my head. I was standing face to shirt with some dude. He wore a black shirt with a skull on it, black short pant with a chain hanging off and his hair was covering his eyes.

                “It’s okay” he muttered, walking away. I watch him walk a bit. I wonder who that was. I was just about to start walking again when suddenly I found KayC just standing there. It looks like he saw the whole thing. He just continued to stand there.

                   “Yes?” I questioned, making a gesture to move along. He pointed his head in the direction the guy went. “Who was that?” he asked, and I shrugged.

                 His eyes went cold as he glared in that direction… Something that he usually doesn’t do. “Stay away from him” KayC demanded finally and started walking again. I flinched at his words. I know this guy didn’t just tell me what to do.

             “What?!” I yelled, walking after him. When I was close enough, I tried to reach out for him but KayC caught my wrist and held it tightly.

         “Stay away of him, got it?” he warned. I tried to yank my hand free but he had a good grip. I didn’t see what the big deal was. I don’t even know that guy. I knew KayC wasn’t going to let go until I agreed. He’s such a stranger.

            I nodded and KayC let go and started walking again.