Chapter 13

JOSH P.O.V.

It's late one night and I couldn't sleep. I headed over to the forest to The Rock. It was a huge (really huge) rock laying dead center of the forest. The Rock brings a bunch of memories. Memories I chosen never to forget.

I stared into the big, stary sky. I sighed. 

I wonder what's Iva doing right now....

"Can't sleep big boy?" A Brooklyn accent voiced asked. I looked up and on The Rock. Candy was laying down, staring at me. She must of climbed it  when I was spacey.

I shrugged at her and went space gazing again.

"So, what brings you out?" I questioned. I heard her nails playing on the surface of The Rock.

"Same as you. Can't sleep,"' Candy tapped her nail against The Rock and then stop completely with the sound.

"Remember our first memory of The Rock" she asked. I looked around the sky and began to remember . 

That was the first time Candy kissed me after she figured at her boyfriend was cheating on her. We were just walking around and I was listening silently as she explained what she found out about him. She didn't cry over it. She did the exact opposite. She got really angry and was out for blood. Reason I took her at to walk in the forest in the first place. 

We found The Rock and stop by it. She leaned against it and thanked me for being a good listener. Then just like that, she kiss me. I wish I could say it was on the cheek but she went straight for the lips. I was the one who pulled away.

At the time, I was single and shouldn't have a care in the world but it didn't feel right. I mean, Candy was my best friend and we never picture ourselves together. Even though, since then, every time we were in a mood to make out, we did it here. If we were single or not. The idea of dating each together never really stuck. We were better friends and make out buddies. It was our dirty little secret. 

"Yup," I said, looking at the spot where she corner me and landed a sweet one on me that day. 

I honestly haven't cheat on a girl since Candy left and I started dating Carmen. Carmen meant the world to me at time and I couldn't dare to add another girl into the picture. 

"Remember the 'Awkward'" She laughed. 

"We said we would never talk about it again," I answered with a smile. 

At one point, the making out actually got to far. Candy wanted to have sex with me. Unlike her, I didn't have the experience at the time. I was just an inexperience kid and I ruined everything so it never happened. 

Candy likes to bring it up to tease me. She even gave it a name. 'Awkward' because she never experience something as awkward as that. 

Candy laughed some more. I looked to see her leaning on one arm, looking sleepy. 

"Joshua, you know I miss those times?" 

"Yeah. Me too" 

I really did too. I miss having Candy around and doing stupid things with her. She was truly my best friend. 

I turned my head and went back to star gazing. 

"Why did you put your hair in your face? It's not cute," She said.

"My ex thought it was," I answered, remembering when Carmen asked me to change my hair style because she thought it would be cute. After a few time pleading with me too, I finally did it. I guess it never current to me that I could change it now.