FIFTEEN (3)

"Oh! I thought you're not coming?" Yvonne kissed my cheek after I settled beside her on the sofa.

The party is already on its peak. I am definitely late, and sure as hell that I am not expected here. We're having some celebration tonight for a successful project of the company. I already turned down the invitation because I am thinking of being a good husband and keeping my ass home with my family, but things would just go against my plan. I just had a heated argument with my  wife and I don't think that staying home will be good.

"I just realized that I don't want to miss this night" I smiled at her.

She raised a brow on me. "Silly! I know it's about your wife" she smirked.

I sighed. "I want to divorce her" I said while looking at the world spinning around me.

She laughed. "You've been saying that for years!"

I reached for a glass on the table and took it straight.

Four years of marriage is destroying the both of us. I am not happy with her, and I don't love her anymore. I don't think she's happy as well. With every waking day of our lives, she's complaining and demanding for something I don't know if I can give.

I want to give her the world she deserves and every piece of my being but I don't think she wants a bit of me. I feel like I am wasting my everything on her. I am not appreciated and she's taking me for granted. I am staying for my little Quilla.

Yvonne wrapped her arms around me. "What can I do for you?" she sweetly whispered in my ear.

I draped my arm around her shoulder. I look at her for some moment. Yvonne has been very vocal about her feelings for me. I am turning her down for more than a year because I respect what I have with Mara. I am letting go of someone who values me, believes in me, and loves me for Mara, and yet, she's asking for more than what i can give to her. If she only know... I am already giving her my everything.

I smiled at Yvonne then pressed my lips on her temple. "Keeping me sane is enough" I murmured.

"I love you, Quintin" she said.

I badly wants to say 'I love you too' but I am holding myself. I don't want her to hope for us.

I pulled her up then led her out of the club. We walked the busy street of Singapore hand-in-hand.

"Yvonne, I already told you that your shouldn't love me. I am a married man and I can't give you assurance. You're young and beautiful and lots of men are willing to offer you everything they can" I gently said while looking at the vibrant lights from the distance. I can feel a knot on my chest while saying those words.

She pulled my hand and made me face her. She smiled at me. I adore her for smiling so genuinely even after I said words that might hurt her. She playfully pinched my nose.