Chapter 32: The Four-Letter Question

I wake up to the warm feeling of a hand on my arm, and eyes staring at me. My eyes flutter open to just that: Louis' hand on my arm and the guys of One Direction staring at me. I look up, and see trees passing by, indicating that we're in a car- a limo. I must have fainted after that scene with Harry.

Oh gosh. The scene with Harry. Boy, did that take a weird turn.

"Good Morning Sleeping Beauty," Louis chuckles as I look up at him from where I lay on his lap. I don't know how I ended up here, but I'm just glad it wasn't with anyone else. Louis hadn't just been involved with the slight scandal; he was my friend.

I yawn, "Hello." I smile.

"Tired?" The rest of the guys have seemed to sense that I need space because they've barely acknowledged my existence since I woke up.

"Eh, just a *another yawn* bit," I laugh.

He sighs. "Go back to sleep. I'll wake you up when we get back."

"Deal." I nod, and snuggle back into the softness that is Louis.

************

"Hey, Jane!" I feel someone shaking me and open my eyes to Louis. I pop up, remembering him saying he would wake me when we're back.

"Hey!" I smile. We were the only ones in the car, and it was raining outside, the drops making plunk noises as they hit the car.

"You know, you faint a lot." Louis laughs, taking my hand and helping me out of the limo.

"Thanks, it's kind of a hobby of mine." I tilt my head and laugh.

"Well, you're very good at it." Louis and I walk past the buses, him leading me to an awning at our current hotel.

"Did Harry tell you?" I yell over the rain that's getting harder by the minute. I wipe off a spare drop that hit my nose.

"No, but that place has very thin walls!" Louis laughs.

"Right, of course it does!" Louis opens the door using his card, and we're safely inside the hotel lobby.

"Jane, you have to chose. Soon. As in now." Louis gives me a stern look, letting go of my hand in case of cameras. Or people in general.

"I know, I know. But-"

"Jane."

"Ugh. Fine...." The elevator dings open after Louis pushes the up button and we walk in. Thankfully, no one else is in with us. "What do you think I should do?" I look up at him.

"I think you should follow your heart."

"Oh no," I shake my head, "don't you start going all Liam on me." We both laugh a bit, but the conversation soon takes back to its serious feel.

"I'm serious, though. It's not my choice, and I think you know what to do...you just don't want to admit it." He quirks an eyebrow at me, causing me to advert my eyes.

"Maybe..."

"Good, then do it." The elevator door dings open and Louis walks out, leaving me in the lift. "Today." He adds walking down the hallway. Well thanks, Louis.

********

I'm nervous as I approach Harry sitting on the couch of the guy's suite. I have to get this over with. I can't take it anymore.

"Hi," I say, sitting down next to him.

"Hey," he replies blankly. He looks at a magazine article about Prince George or something, slightly glancing at me.

"I have a question." I sigh.

"Okau. What is it?" He flips a magazine page.

"Do you love me?"

A bolt of electricity shoots through Harry as he snaps his head towards me, leaving the magazine for my hands which are now in his. "Of course. Why would you think that I wouldn't?"

"No, Harry. Answer me honestly. Think about this. Do you love me. Really?" I search his eyes for doubt. Sadly, I find what I'm looking for.

Harry stays silent for a moment before giving me a light peck on the lips. When he pulls away his face is confused; like he's trying to figure out why he doesn't feel anything. Because I know he doesn't.

"You like Lucy. Don't you?" I giggle.

"Yeah," Harry sighs. "I really liked you. I did, but-"

"But by the time you had feelings for Lucy, she was dating Louis." He nodded. "Well, I have news for you."

"Can it get any worse?"

"I didn't say it was bad news." I giggle and shake my head, taking my hands out of his. "That relationship? Lucy and Louis? It's fake."

"What?"

"It's fake. Louis asked Lucy out because I told him to. But she didn't like Louis that way, so the two made up a fake relationship." I laugh.

"Um."

"So go on. Go get her." Harry stares at me like I'm crazy. I probably am.

"So we're good?" He asks. I don't know why since he should be going to find Lucy. Like now.

"Yes! Now go find her! Now!"

That's the last thing I say to him before Harry is no longer in the suite. I love being Cupid.

*************

"Um."

That's all she can get out when I look at Lucy. She currently sits on the next bed over in our room of the suite. Macy took the couch.

"Are you mad a me?" Lucy whispers. Her hands are shaking and she seems fragile. She wears a blue jacket over her red shirt, and gray sweatpants.

"Of course not!" I put my chin on my palm.

"Really?" Her eyes suddenly become brighter, happier. Like the sun has finally come out after all this rain, which, literally, it hasn't.

"Lucy, I could never be mad at you. Just because you like someone I liked doesn't mean I'll hate you."

"Wait, liked?"

"Yeah, well..." Lucy's face looked like it was going to burst from happiness. I smiled as I got up to open the door that someone stood on the other side of.

As soon as the two saw each other, it was like they'd been dating for years.

My work here is done.

****

Author's Note

This is probably the worst chapter I've ever written, but I wanted to get SOMETHING up before Christmas! Sorry if it's already Christmas where you are because that means I let you down.

I'm sorry I haven't been updating, but I had exams that gave me headaches and made me cry. Now that they're over, I should be updating more! Especially since it's... CHRISTMAS BREAK!!! YAY!!!!

So I am super sorry for the terrible and horrifying update, but a better one should come soon.

Love you Cappuccinos!

Merry Christmas! (Or Hanukkah or Kwanzaa! Whichever one you celebrate or if you don't celebrate any)

-Charlotte <3