Chapter 33: How to Follow Your Heart and Get Caught

This was it. The last person I had to apologize to. Fortunately, the rest of the guys that I hadn't been dating besides Louis, had forgiven me with time. After a while they admitted that they probably would've done the same thing and hidden their secret identity too, only until you trusted that person/people. At least they know now and they've promised to keep my secret under any circumstances. Even if we're captured in Japan and are told to give up our secrets to save a whole bunch of lettuce from being eaten, they won't tell. And hopefully that won't happen. Because lettuce is good.

I stand in front of the door to Niall's room in the separate suite the guys got and hold in my hand a huge bag from Wendy's full of chicken nuggets, fries, and hamburgers. And I'm strarving. But he is more important, so I must give him my food and hopefully someone will go get me more. The food is meant to soften him up while apologizing because I feel really guilty; no, super guilty. Actually, I can't describe it. It's too hard.

Because of utter guilt, I start to give myself a nice peptalk. "You can do it Jane," I think. "You can so do this. There is nothing stopping you! Nothing! Except the fact that I lied to someone I really love and they'll probably never forgive me because I'm just so stupid! I mean I must be such an idiot! I just-" I need to stop. Like now before I literally drop the food and walk away. Well, maybe not drop the food, or walk away because I would want the food (I'm still starving), but I will certainly slump to the floor and eat my misery feelings. Except I was told not to.

*Flashback*

I'm pretty sure my pillow is permanently stained with my tears and mascara. I mean I have been crying for the past day and a half and haven't even left my room except to go to the bathroom and get food. Because if I didn't have food then I would probably be more miserable than I am now. Food helps.

A bag of potato chips sits on my bedside table while I lay in bed, the blanket halfway on my body, and Adele plays from my iPod on my dresser.

I think about grabbing more chips, but instead I continue to sob onto my pillow. I sniffle and wipe a tear from my eyes.

I hate the male population.

A knock comes from my door just as Adele yells about setting fire to the rain and I throw one of my throw pillows at the door. That's what it's for right? I mean it's in the name.

"Go away!" I shout to the unknown person outside the door. "And if you're of the male population besides my dad, go jump out a window!" I add before slumping my head back into my pillow.

The door opens to reveal a blonde Niall Horan. Wait. Blonde?

"Sorry to disappoint, but I'm not jumping out of a window," he says.

"Niall?" I whisper, slightly raising my head from the pillow.

"Hey Janie.." He replies gently, sensing my depressing mood.

"You're supposed to be on tour...and you have blonde hair....why are you blonde?"

"We have a week off and I heard that you and Brad broke up. Are you okau?"

At that, I start to sob again, reaching for my bag of chips. Unfortunately, Niall snatches up the bag and moves it to the dresser before I can reach it. He also pauses Adele, making the room seem silent.

"No!" I shout, straining to get the bag of chips even though they're halfway across the room. "Niall! You jerk! Why did you do that?" I cut myself off a bit when I cry into my pillow.

Niall doesn't waste a second before sitting behind me on my bed. He, somehow, manages to have me under my comforter and instead of having my head on my pillow, has my head in his lap. I don't understand how he did that since I was hitting him in the chest the entire time, but let's face it, he's a rock and I'm a flower. Well a wilting flower at the moment, but let's continue. I feel bad about staining his jeans as I sob into his lap after finally accepting the fact that he's not letting me go, but he says he doesn't care so I don't protest. I feel so vulnerable.