Chapter 5- Dean

Sammy and I drop off Charlie then head home. I am smiling the whole time, I can't believe Castiel and I have finally met (or that I kinda liked the tea)! I stumble into our apartment and head to my room. Slushie was on my bed intently smelling my sheets.

     "Slushie, why do you do this every time I'm out?" I ask rhetorically. I hop on my bed and scratch his neck. "Don't worry I missed you too bud." I stand and grab my pajamas off the floor. My pajamas consist of a band tee and boxers. I turn around and look at Slushie. "Don't watch me you creep." I tell him. He doesn't turn around as I change.  He's such a creep. I sigh and flop on my bed. "G'night Slush." I say then drift off to sleep.

     I wake up with Slushie asleep on my chest. Some would think this is cute but his entire body is draped across my chest and I'm having trouble breathing. I poke Slushie trying to wake him up, regardless of the fact that I know waking up your pet when they're sleeping on you is a sin. He wakes up and looks at me. I know he knows what I want but he just licks the inner side of my elbow.

     "Sam!" I shout. I know he's awake  even though it's the weekend. I swear that guy is inhuman. Sam rushes into my room to find me not bleeding, but with an one hundred pound dog flopped across my chest. Sam just laughs. "C'mon you butt. I have one hundred pounds of fuzzy idiocy my chest and all it wants to do is lick my elbow." Slushie licks my elbow even more vigorously than before.

     After we finally get Slushie off my chest (and getting him to stop licking my elbow) I decide to write to Castiel but when I look down I already see Castiel left a note for me.

     "Good morning. I was wondering since my shop is closed tomorrow if you wanted to bring Slushie over so I could meet him." It reads. I grab a pen and start to write.

     "Sure sounds great how does eight o' clock sound?" I write. Within a few minutes Cas responds.

     "I can't read the time I'm sorry. Just drop by that afternoon." Cas writes

     "Okie dokie." I reply. Cas has really changed me. Before I would have never been caught drinking tea and I'd have rather been be dead than say "okie dokie". This man has changed me, and I hope for the better. I go about my day doing little things and what not and go to bed thinking about tomorrow afternoon. 

     I wake up later than expected at eleven. I jump out of bed and rush to get ready but get stuck on what to wear. I go with jeans and a T-Shirt and rush out the door.

     "C'mon Slushie! We're going for a ride in the car!" I call in the shameless--puppy-voice. Slushie bolts down the hall and practically runs me over. He loves car rides. Slushie doesn't like to put his head out the window, but would rather have the window cracked and just rest his chin on the window so only his nose is out.

     We pull up at Blue's and Slushie is already curious. His brown eyes examine the area and his nose twitches at all the new smells. I close his window (after making sure his chin is out of the way, of course) and jump out. I open Slushie's door and grab his leash.

     We walk into the store with Slushie leading the way. Well less leading more pulling me over. I head straight up to the front desk to see Cas. Suddenly Charlie jumps in front of us. I don't think Charlie has ever met Slushie. Our landlord hates the gay and has banned Charlie from the building. I've been wanting to move out for awhile because of that fact.

    "Dean! is this the famous Slushie?" Charlie asks excitedly. Charlie loves animals and volunteers at our local shelter when she can.

     "Cassie! Your boyfriends here and he brought his freaking adorable dog!" I blush. Me and Cas aren't boyfriends... yet. Cas rushes in, practically sliding past us in his rush to see us.

     "You're here! Awsomesause! And this must be Slushie!" Cas says, turning to my dog and speaking in the shameless-puppy-voice.

     "Yes that's Slushie." Slushie burps midway through my sentence. "Wanna go up stairs?" I ask.

     "Yeah, sure." Cas says. We head up stairs and Cas makes me tea yet again with bendy straws. As we were drinking our tea and having light conversation Slushie and Blue run in. Blue is on top of Slushie's head and Slushie starts licking my elbow. I sigh deeply.

     "Welcome to my life" I say.