Fall Of A Leader

"Jim! Jim, are you okay?" I crawled to the bottom of the bed and off it, rushing over to him.

I took his face in my hands, forcing his head up so he would look at me. There was hurt in his eyes. I rubbed my thumb over another tear that had escaped, wiping it away. I stood there and looked at him.

"Sweetheart, are you hurt?" I asked, my voice low and soothing.

He lightly shook his head in my hands. I put my arms around is waist, trying t get a hug out of him. I didn't get that. In stead his knees buckled and he fell to the floor. He sat down and leaned up against the door.

I fell down next to him. I unwrapped my arms from his waist and laid my legs across his. I pulled his arm around my back and placed his hand on my thigh. He didn't object, he didn't pull his arms away or even flinch when I moved his body and limbs to make us both comfortable. He sat there and stared at the wall. I pulled his other arm up and laid it over my legs. I placed his hand on my hip and rested both my arms on his, lightly rubbing his arm and hand with a finger. I laid my head on his chest.

"What happened?" I asked.

He still sat still, unmoving. Like a statue. He didn't make any noise or sounds. Not even a whimper or whine to let me know he was hearing me, or that he was okay.

I followed his gaze. He was still staring as the wall. I saw flashing lights reflect from the window. Apparently there were rescue crews finally staring to come to the building that had been attacked. I noticed Kirk's eyes darted from the wall out the window. You could still see smoke and a few flickers of flames.

"What happened over there?" I asked him.

He took in a sharp, deep breath and pulled the cord of the lamp that was on a little stand next to the door. It bounced off the ground, not even showing a crack. He picked it up and threw it as hard as he could at the window.

It just missed the window but hit the window sill. The lamp's shade popped off and the bulb smashed, as did the base of the ceramic tan colored lamp.

"You fucking bastard!" Kirk screamed when the lap had made contact and broke.

I looked at him and he was glaring at the window. I saw a few more tears go down his cheek. I pulled his arms off me and walked over to the window. I closed the blinds and looked at him. It seemed to take his attention off whatever had happened. He looked me up and down as I walked back over to him. I put my legs on either sid of his and sat down on his lap. There was enough room between his back and the door for my legs so I wrapped the around him and looked at him.

"What happened over there?" I asked in a low, hushed voice. It was almost a whisper.

He looked at me and swallowed hard. "Someone attacked us at the meeting."

I nodded to show him I was listening.

"You were right. Something bad was going to happen, and it did."

I shook my head. He was blaming himself now. I told him I felt like something bad was going to happen and now whatever happened over there, he was blaming himself for. "It's not your fault. I just felt like something bad was going to happen. I didn't know WHAT was going to happen. There is no way you, or anyone else, could have stopped this." I placed my hands on his chest.

He swallowed hard again and nodded but hung his head, allowing a tear to drip from his face onto the back of my hand. He picked his head up and looked at me. I tilted mine to show I was confused and concerned for him.

"Pike is dead." He told me.

I let out a hurt breath of my own. Pike convinced Kirk to join Starfleet. He knew Kirk's father. Pike was basically a father figure to Kirk. And now he was gone. I thought I was going to cry with him, but I knew I had to stay strong. If I broke down and started crying, there would be no way I could get Kirk to calm dwn for the night.

I kissed his cheek. "I'm so sorry. baby. Jim, I'm SO sorry!"

I saw a little smile crawl across his lips. "Kylie, I know. It's okay. Nothing you could have done."

I held his face to mine and kissed him. He ran his fingers through my dark hair and held my face closer to his. He moved his lips against mine and mine followed his movements. I tangled my fingers in his hair, like he did to me. I pressed my body against him and tried to make myself taller by sitting up straighter. I gently pulled his head back by tugging on his hair. I sat on his lap, legs wrapped around him, body pressed to his. He had his head tilted up and I pressed mine down on his. I felt him lightly tug at my lip and I gently tugged at his in return. I pulled my face away from him and slouched my body back down.

"Come on. You need to get out of this uniform and get to bed." I told him and started to unbutton it.

He nodded and pulled me off him and stood up, offering a hand to pull me up as well.

I pulled the jacket off him and he pulled off the white tank top he had on under it. He kicked his shoes off and pulled his pants off so he was now standing in his boxers. I picked up his shoes and pants. I placed his jacket and pants on top of the dresser and his shoes next to it. When I turned around he was already in bed.

I laughed as I crawled in next to him. "It's going to be okay."

He pulled me close. "I know. I need to talk to Admiral Marcus tomorrow though."

"Do you know who did it? The attack I mean."

He took a deep breath. "Same person responsible for the bombing in London. John Harrison."

I kissed his cheek and laid my had on his chest. "Well, we can figure out plans and stuff tomorrow, okay? As of right now, you need to get some sleep."

He smiled and kissed my head. "I planned on it."

*Author's Note: Second chapter down. I hope to get you guys a third by the end of today. If not then I will haev it for you tomorrow. Enjoy!*