Resigning

We stepped foot onto Enterprise. My arm was linked with Kirk's. Bones walked up to us.

"You aren't seriously going after this guy, are you?" He asked Kirk.

Kirk nodded once. "I am." He pushed past him, pulling me along.

I looked back at Bones who watched us and shook his head and headed for medbay.

We walked through engineering. Scotty stood there, seeming to argue with some guy. He looked over at us.

"Captain!" He called.

Kirk pulled me over to him, Spock behind us. "What is is Scotty?"

"I wanna know about these torpedoes sir! But this guy here won't let me open one up. He says,-" Scotty pointed behind his back to the guy with a clipboard.

"Classified." The guy said on cue.

Scotty put his hand down and looked at us. "It's classified!"

Kirk shook his head and looked at the girl standing on the other side of the torpedo with some type of tool. She was running it over it and looking at a screen. I recognized her. We met her on the shuttle here. She was about 5'6 with long brown hair. She said her name was Hannah. She showed little interest in Kirk, so I felt okay around her.

"This is like nothing I've ever seen before. I'm getting some weird readings." She said, still looking down.

Spock walked over and started to talk to her.

"Captain, thrusters are ready. We are ready for take off." Sulu said.

We looked up to see Sulu standing on a catwalk above us.

"Thank you, Sulu." Kirk said and Sulu walked off. Kirk pulled me off with him again to the bridge.

Scotty ran up next to us, his little minion following. They ran in front of us and stopped, turning to look at us.

"Sir, I don't think this is a good idea. I don't know what's in those torpedoes and you're going against Admiral Marcus. Are you sure this is a good idea?" Scotty asked.

Kirk sighed. "Scotty, I know what I'm doing. I'm sure those things will be fine. We are just going to get Harrison, bring him back to Earth and that's it."

Scotty shook his head. "Sir, I'm afraid it's not a good idea and I can't accompany you on this mission."

I looked at Scotty then up at Kirk. He had a blank look on his face, but it was also sad. He knew what was coming.

"Scotty, it's going to be fine." I told him.

Scotty shook his head again. "I'm afraid it's not, Kylie. There is something up with those torpedoes. I don't know what it is, but I don't like it."

"Scotty, you can't just resign." Kirk told him.

"I'm sorry, Jim..." Scotty held out his tablet.

Kirk looked at it and hesitated but took it anyway. I leaned into him to show I'm I was still here and it was going to be okay.

Scotty's helper held his tablet out as well and Kirk took that one too.

Scotty turned and walked away, as did his minion.

Kirk looked down at the tablets and at me. "Now what?"

"Chekov can take over." I told him. "He's been shadowing Scotty."

Kirk nodded and we went up to the bridge.

"Chekov. You have been shadowing Mr. Scott, right?" Kirk asked as soon as we walked in.

Chekov nodded. "Yes sir!"

Kirk patted his shoulder. "Good. Now go put on a red shirt."

"Where is Mr. Scott?" Spock asked.

"He resigned from duty." I told him.

Spock looked at me questionably but seemed to shrug it off and went back to talking with Uhura.

Chekov stood up and ran out quick to change shirts. A girl in a yellow dress sat down in his place.

Kirk walked over and sat in his chair. I went over to him and put my hand on his shoulder.

"It's gonna be fine." I told him.

He smiled at me and nodded.

I moved around to the front of him and sat on his lap. No one on the bridge or on the ship in general really questioned it. They knew we were together and they knew we did keep it pretty professional. We didn't just start making out for some random reason in the bridge, or anywhere in public. Yeah, sometimes we would give each other a quick little peck, but nothing extreme.

"Okay, Sulu. Punch it." Kirk said.

"Yes sir." Sulu replied and pushed the lever forward, sending us to warp speed.