Chapter 3

"Tobi, just breath." Kyoya said.

The group was gathered around me, trying to help me calm down. I was freaking out.

"I can't-" I clutched Tamaki's arm. "I can't believe he's here. He's not supposed to be here."

"What are you talking about?" Kaoru asked.

"Who isn't supposed to be here?" Hikaru asked.

"Ash." I said. "He's... He's supposed to still be locked up."

"Got out early." Ash said from where he leaned against the wall. He looked completely calm, like he expected this. "Good behaviour. I have to say, it's good to see you. It's been a while. You're looking good."

"Who are you?" Tamaki asked as he held me close. "How do you know Tobi?"

"Right." Ash said as he pushed himself off the wall.

He walked closer to us and I moved closer to Tamaki. My knuckles were white from the grip on his sleeve.

"I'm Ash Becker." Ash said. "I moved from America. You might also know me as Tobi's ex boyfriend."

"Ex?" Tamaki asked.

"I'm surprised you haven't heard of me, honestly." Ash said. "Tobi seems to remember me well."

"Make him leave." I whispered.

"What?" Tamaki asked.

"Make him leave, please." I said louder.

"Now, now Tobi-" Ash took a step closer and Mori was instantly in front of him. "My goodness, look at you. You're quite the giant."

"I think you should leave." Kyoya said.

"Already?" Ash asked. "I just got here."

"You need to leave." Tamaki agreed. "Now."

Ash held up his hands as he stepped back.

"Fine." He said. "I get it. I'll go."

He turned and walked to the door. Just before he opened it, he turned to me.

"I'll see you later, Tobi." He said as he left.

The doors closed and everyone's attention was immediately back to me. I was so scared tears were streaming down my face.

"Tobi." Tamaki said as he rubbed my arm. "Tobi, it's okay. He's gone."

I held Tamaki closer as buried my face in his chest.

*****

"What did that guy do to you?" Hikaru asked.

"Was he a big jerk?" Hunni asked.

"Did he hurt you?" Tamaki asked.

"Lay off the questions, guys." Haruhi said. "You need to give him some room."

I took a couple of deep breaths in hope of calming down. I calmed down just enough to finally talk again.

"Ash..." I sighed again. "Ash was my ex back in America. He's why I didn't want to trust you guys at first. He, he was a jerk. He did hurt me. He... He was abusive..."

They all gasped slightly and Tamaki held me closer.

"I'll kill him." He said.

"No." I said. "Don't."

The doors suddenly burst open and Dainan came rushing in.

"Where is he?!" Dainan asked. "Where is that monster?"