Chapter 5

A/N: I would like to say really quick that you no doubt will notice the massive change in writing from this chapter and all those before. That's because I left this story for a while to focus on other projects and have had time to get better at writing. I do hope that you still enjoy my writing the same, if not better than before.

I am also trying to get back into the feel of this story, so some things may seem a bit off as I figure it out more.

*********

"And the "a" in this equation is..."

I sat in silence as my math teacher went on about the lesson. I was tapping my eraser on my notebook as I chewed my lip. Ash was sitting just two seats away. What were the odds we'd end up in the same class?

I tried my best to pay attention, but knowing that he was so close made me lose all concentration. I wanted it to be over so that I could go be with the club. At least that way Ash wouldn't be so close.

The bell rang and the students started to pack their things. I quickly started to gather my things. I wanted to be out of there quick.

"Hey there."

I nearly jumped out of my skin as I felt someone's breath on my ear.

"Where are you leaving so soon?"

I turned to face Ash. He was way too close for my liking. My heart was pounding out of my chest.

"W-what do you want?" I asked, glancing down.

"I wanted to say hi," Ash answered with a sly smirk. "I haven't seen you in years. I thought we could catch up."

"I-I have nothing to say to you." I continued to gather my things.

"You're nervous," Ash said with that smirk of his.

"What?" I looked up at Ash in shock. "I-I'm not nervous."

"Yes, you are," Ash replied as he stood up, leaning on my chair. "You're chewing on your lip and you were tapping your eraser. You also have that cute little stutter of yours. That's what you do when you're nervous. Have you forgotten that we were dating for a year?"

"Ash, please l-leave me alone," I said as I stood, hoisting my bag over my shoulder. "I-I don't want to talk to you."

"Now that's hurtful," Ash said as he placed a hand over his heart. "And here I thought we were getting along."

"Ash, please," I begged as I inched to the door.

"Why don't we go somewhere?" Ash asked as he followed close. "A nice, quiet place where we can catch up? No one to bother us."

A hand appeared on Ash's shoulder, stopping him. We both looked up to see Mori. Hunni and the twins gathered around us, Hunni hurrying to my side.

"Hey, Ash was it?" Hikaru asked, walking up next to Mori.

"What are you doing here?" Kaoru asked as he leaned on Mori's other side.

"I'm just having a friendly chat with an old friend," Ash said as he looked back at me. "Isn't that right, Tobi?"

I looked down and away from Ash. I didn't want to see that sly smile of his. Mori's grip tightened on Ash's shoulder.

"We think you should go." Kaoru motioned to the door.

"Don't you have a club to go to?" Hikaru folded his arms.

"Yeah." Hunni agreed as he looked up at Ash and held my arm. "And leave Tobi alone."