Chapter 5: business trip

Today is my first day at work and I'm feeling very nervous. What do I have to say to Robin? He's in love with me and I had to admit that I am terribly in love with him as well... His lips against mine were so sweet and I felt like this is what I've been waiting for my entire life.

"Mrs Mills, can you come over here?" Robin yells at me as I enter the building and I go towards his office.

"Come in." I sit down and look confused at him. We've decided that he's just my boss and I'm simply his secretary. Nothing more. But it's still a little weird to hear him say 'Mrs Mills' in front of the others instead of Regina.

"I want to ask you something, Regina." He says as he takes a seat in front of me. "This friday I have to go to New York for a business meeting and I would like it if my secretary came with me. It's only for three days."

"Oh, wow..." I don't answer immediately and start to think about his question. I'm really trying to accept the fact that we will never be together, but being with him in New York for three days? That's going to be trouble.

"Robin... Do you really think that's a good idea? I just started working here. Maybe I should settle myself a little bit before I already leave again?" I say, trying not to show that it's actually too hard for me to ignore my feelings for him all the time.

"Of course! There are a lot of meetings, it would be the perfect way for you to get to know our customers. And don't worry... you get a separate room. Just friends, remember?" He says with a short laugh and I roll my eyes.

"I have to think about this for a moment, okay? I need to talk about this with Daniel, but I'll call you this evening." Robin simply nodded and I left the office again. I called Emma and decided that it was about time to tell her about my problems with Daniel. I needed some girly advice.

"Hey girl, how are you?" She asked as I enter her appartment. We agreed to talk with each other at her place. She needed to watch little Leia because Killian was at work, but we still had some time alone. I told her everything. I told her about my fights with Daniel, about the bruises he gave me every single day and about my fear to leave him, because I didn't want to hurt Henry. I told her about my meeting with Robin and last but not least, about my uncontrollable feelings for this amazing guy, who I only saw a couple of times. I had never seen Emma this angry and I felt so relieved that she stood by my side.

"I don't know what I have to do, Emma. My heart says something else than my head. But I don't know which one I have to follow..." I cry and Emma takes my hand in hers.

"What the hell is that guy thinking? You did everything for him up until now! Everytime he had to work, you made sure dinner was ready and Henry was to kindergarten. You even cleaned his desk!" She yells. "Regina, thanks for telling me this. It's important to talk about how you feel and I'm always here for you." She says, before she continues. "But if I were you, I would follow my heart. And in this case, that leads to Robin. Do you really think Henry's going to be happy if his parents are constantly fighting? If his mother is in constant pain? Isn't he going to be more happy when he can live with two families who are both happy? Where he gets the love he deserves?"

"Maybe..." I whisper.

"Believe me, I know what it's like to feel like you're parents don't love you. I don't even know mine! But Henry does, so make sure that he gets the most amazing memories with his mother and father. It doesn't matter if you give them to him by yourself or together, you just have to make sure that he's happy. And you can't force someone to be happy, you can only make someone feel like that if you are it yourself." She says and I know that she's right.

"Think about it, but don't wait too long. Robin loves you and he doesn't deserve it to be treated like some kind of lover." I nod and wipe away my tears.

"I know... Maybe I should take his offer and go with him to New York. Being away from Daniel and trying to figure out how I truly feel about Robin. I have to think about my future." I say.

"I'm sure you'll make the right decision. But remember my words, Henry will be a lot happier when his parents are both happy as well." She repeats and I nod again.

"I know. You're right..." I answer and I quickly get up. "I'm sorry, I have to make a phone call." I say and Emma smiles at me.

"What's Robin's last name actually?" She asks curiously.

"It's Lo..." I start, but I turn around as I hear Robin's voice through the phone. "Hey, Robin! I think I have some good news for you..." I say with a big smile upon my face.

Hey guys! I finished chapter 5, so here it is. Please let me know whether you like the story so far or not! I'll update very soon, because I almost finished chapter 6 as well, so stay tuned!

- Jana