Chapter 25: trapped

A couple of days later I could finally return home. Robin and I decided to keep the gender of our baby a secret, because that would make it even more exciting to give birth to this beautiful creature. Henry didn't like that decision at all, he was picking names for his 'little brother' the entire day, but we didn't mind and just went with it.

Today is Henry's birthday, and Robin decided to take him to the zoo, because he promised him a while ago. That gives me enough time to arrange a surprise party for him. I invited all his friends from school, and ordered a huge cake to make this day perfect. Right before they leave, I'm preparing some sandwiches for them. All of a sudden I feel a pair of strong hands grab my belly, and Robin starts to kiss my neck.

"There's no time for this now, love. You need to be back at 4 o'clock and I still have to go to the shop and decorate the entire house after that." I whisper, very aware of the fact that Henry was sleeping on the couch around the corner. A soft moan escapes my mouth as I feel Robin nibble on my ear, and I turn around, throwing my arms around his neck.

"Remember what you promised me in the hospital? There's still something we need to finish, if I'm right." He says and I giggle.

"Henry's right there though, so be quick and sil-" I say playfully, but Robin already put me on the kitchen counter. I tangle my fingers in his hair and try to deepen the kiss by throwing my legs around his waist. He kisses me fiercely, and his hands start to discover my back and we shortly break the kiss as he pulls off my shirt.

"Maybe it's better if we continue this upstairs?" I ask through heavy breaths, but Robin shakes his head and continues to kiss my neck. He slowly starts to move lower and I close my eyes as I enjoy his touch.

"No time for that." He growls and I pull him on top of me, quickly taking off his pants.

"Are you sure Henry's sleeping?"

"I checked on him and locked the door, so he won't bother us." He says, which makes me smile. I love the fact that he cares about him as much as I do.

"Now shut up and relax." He commands, his eyes filled with lust, whereafter he presses his lips upon mine again and continues what he started.

----------

I'm carrying a couple of bags with decorations and some extra presents for our little boy inside the house. Robin and I both knew how much he loved to get these and he only turns five once, right? They both left two hours ago, and I gasp as I hear the door bell ring. I'm not expecting anyone, so I hope it isn't Robin who came back early...

I unlock the door and as soon as I open it, someone steps inside, pushing me against the wall. My face is turned away from the unknown person, but my eyes grow wide and I shiver as I hear his low voice.

"Hey, babe. Did you miss me?" Daniel whispers in my ear, and I desperately try to pull away. He only pushes me harder, and sucks on my neck, which makes me groan from anger.

"What do you want from me?" My voice sounds scared, but I try to look confident, so he won't notice my fear.

"I want my son and wife back." He says and I roll my eyes.

"Daniel, the police is looking for you. They will find you, your time is about to end." He places his hands on the wall, each on one side of my face and I slowly turn around to face him. He leans in and I close my eyes, fiercely hoping that Robin would return home early anyway. I take a look at the clock behind Daniel and sigh as I notice that it's only half past 2.

"Don't worry, dear. No one will come to save you." Daniel smirks. "Emma is tied up on one of those lovely chairs and I don't think that stupid baby girl of hers will be able to call for help." I gasp and hit him right in his soft spot, which causes him to groan, but he strengthens his grip. I give up and let myself fall down on the floor, my head in my hands, tears rolling down my cheeks.

"Daniel, please, don't hurt them..." I ask sadly, but he just continues with that awful smirk on his face.

"Now look at you. Broken and alone, no one here to rescue you." He says, whereafter he takes my chin into his hands and abruptly lifts up my face again. His lips touch mine, and a sob escapes my mouth.
"You are going to call Robin and tell him to come home with Henry, right now. You won't tell him I'm here, and when you do, I'll make sure they both die today." He continues and I'm shocked by his sudden harsh words.

"You want your son back, but you'll kill him if I don't do what you say? You really seem to love him." I say with a sarcastic tone in my voice and he sighs.

"You're right about that... But I'm sure you're going to do exactly as I say, because believe me, I WILL kill him if you don't." I simply nod and slowly take my phone out of my pocket, before dialing Robin's number. I sigh one last time and try to control my tears as I hear Henry's enthousiastic voice on the other side of the line.

"Hey mommy!"