Chapter 2

"But when I think about the things you've done for me, and how you made me see, truthfully. I ain't gon' do you wrong, no. Don't let no one of us go, because I know; nobody's gonna save me, gonna save me, from the sins I've done. Nobody's gonna save me, gonna save me, 'cause it's all my fault..."

                   - Chris Brown 'Save Me'

****

Zailee's POV

I woke up the next morning with a bad ass headache. My nose was stuffed and my eyes were burning and irritated from all the crying and falling asleep with my contacts in.

I thought about all the shit that happened yesterday and got pissed off all over again, but decided to brush it off and just get ready for my day. Fuck them.

I finally got myself out of bed. I went to my bathroom and started the shower. I got in and just let the water run down my aching body. I then started to scrub myself extra good and long to get rid of Tippy's nasty ass germs.

I got out after about 20 minutes and brushed my teeth really good. I washed my face then went to my closet to get dressed.

I settled on a pair of black sweats and a gray fitted u-neck. I wasn't really planning on going anywhere, probably wasn't even going to leave my room, but it seemed like I was missing clothes. My closet seemed a little..... empty?

I shrugged off the thought and went over to my bed. I plopped down and entertained myself with my phone. About 15 minutes later, my mom came in.

"Come on Zae, I wanna take you and Zo out somewhere." she said innocently.

I rolled my eyes, "I ain't goin'." I spat rudely.

She sighed, "Please Zae."

I huffed loudly and got off of my bed. I grabbed my charger just in case my battery got low and walked downstairs behind my mom.

We walked outside to the car and got in, Zo was already in the passenger's seat.

The entire ride to wherever we were going was silent. Zo had a indescribable look on his face. He was just staring off into space.

We finally pulled up into a parking lot. I looked out the window and saw a large, white, building. It looked depressing.

"Where are we?" I asked, my eyebrows knitted together in confusion.

"Just come on..." my mom said.

I rolled my eyes and got out the car. Zo went to the trunk and grabbed a large black suitcase. He looked up at me and I raised an eyebrow, he quickly looked away.

We walked into the building and went up to the reception desk.

"How may I help you?" the young, perky woman who stood behind the desk asked.

"I'm here to admit my daughter." my mom said.

I looked at her and cocked an eyebrow, "Admit me? What is this place?"

She sighed, "It's a mental institution sweetheart. I think it's what's best for you."

"The fuck!? I already told you, I wasn't lying! That shit really happened!" I yelled.

"Calm down Zae! Even if you were tellin' the truth, yo temper is still outta control. You need a mental evaluation." Zo said calmly.

"Oh, so the boy who flunked the 12th grade is suddenly a doctor? Please, miss me with that bullshit." I spat with my arms folded across my chest.