Chapter 5

"Blinds wide open so he can see you in the dark when you're sleeping.. Naked body fresh out the shower, you touch yourself after hours. No man allowed in your bedroom, you're sleeping alone in bed.. but check your window……

he's at your window…."

       - 'She' × Tyler, the Creator ft. Frank Ocean

*****

Zailee's POV

As time passed, Chris and I have been getting into less arguments. We tend to daunt each other less, seeing that we've become less contentious.

He sees my side of the story, although I have yet to see his. I guess him knowing what I was put through and how I ended up here made him less hard on me. I guess I don't mind, but I just hope he doesn't pity me; the last thing I need is someone seeing me as some pretentious sob story.

As we all sat around the rec - room, the nurses came out with our daily medicine in the usual plastic cups. This was routine, nothing I wasn't used to, but I refused to take medicine that I didn't need.

"Here ya go sweetheart." the same elderly lady who always administered me my medicine said with a warming smile. I sent a smile back at her and threw the pills back, placing the cups back on the silver tray they originally came from.

Once she walked away, I flipped the pills from under my tongue and put them in my pocket to get rid of later. A deep chuckle suddenly startled me.

"You supposed to actually swallow em, Zae" Chris chuckled. "Yeah," I replied, looking around to make sure no one else saw, "but ion need em." I finished.

"You say that now, but they really do help." he pushed. I sighed loudly, "I already told you why I'm in here, ain't nothin' wrong with me."

"Ight then, I was just sayin'," he held his hands up in defense, "but it ain't nothing wrong with a little help... whether it's from a person or not."

I rolled my eyes as he finished his sentence, blowing air into my cheeks, "Don't go to church on me Pastor Chris." I joked. He laughed lowly and playfully pushed me, "Whatever." he said as he walked away.

I found myself smiling lightly and watching him as he walked away. Even after he was out of sight my eyes stayed glued to his path. After refocusing myself, I began to think to myself.

"The hell was that...?" I thought as I shook away the tingly feeling I was suddenly overcome with.

It was still early, and I had a group session later on, so I decided to go back to my room and take a nap.

As I made my way through the corridors and down the hall to my room, I walked past a wide open door that was usually closed since it wasn't occupied. Looking into it, I saw one of the nurses making up the small, twin sized bed. That only meant one thing; new comer.

*****

Chris' POV

"L-O-L." Zae said sarcastically as I laughed at her tripping and almost falling on the way to our group session. I smirked. "Ain't my fault you clumsy." She mushed my face then walked ahead of me, I watched her walk.