Chapter 2

"Wow, this looks like a mini New York City," Isabelle commented, looking out the window.

"Ya, Boston is crowded, but, not nearly as crowded as New York," I agreed. I looked over at my mom sitting in front of me, "mom, how long is it until we get to the amusement park?" I asked.

"About, ten minutes," she replied, looking at her watch.

"Thanks,"

We had just come from the hotel, where we're  staying at, and now, we are going to an amusement park.

Carlos started snapping his fingers, and, hummed to the blasting beat of Best Song Ever, by One Direction, on his phone, which he had just started obsessing over. I leaned over him, and, pushed the "pause" button.

"Hey, what did you do that for?" He snapped.

"This is a family car,"I pointed around the car, "you don't get to blast music through it."

"Ya, well-"

"Guys, stop fighting," my mom interrupted, "we are on a family trip."

I glared at Carlos "fine," I agreed.

"Thank you," my mom looked at Carlos, as if to say, you too.

"Okay, okay, fine, we won't fight anymore," Carlos agreed, glaring at me.

I looked out the window, as I saw Isabelle smile to her self. She never had these types of fights, she was an only child.

"Okay, we are here," my dad said pulling into a parking spot.

I smiled "yes."

As everybody filed out of the car, I realized that I forgot to bring my headphones into the hotel, so now, I had to bury them so you wouldn't be able to see them.

Isabelle was waiting for me to finish,"it's okay, I'll catch up." I said looking up from searching to find a good hiding spot.

"You sure."

"Ya."

I finally found the perfect spot to hide my headphones. I looked at the open sky above, I quickly shielded my eyes as the sun shined right into them.

I took a deep breath of fresh air, and, stepped out of the car.

Huh that was weird, it hadn't felt like I had stepped down at all.

I took another step, waiting for the sound of crunching gravel under my feet, which never came. I looked down.

"Um, Isabelle,"my voice was shaking.

"Ya," Isabelle turned around, her eyes and mouth opening wider and wider, as her brain prossed what she was seeing. "You're..you're f..flying."

"Ya, I know, a little help please."

"Right, help, okay," Isabelle snapped out of her daze, and tried to help me get down.

As we finally managed to get me down, somehow, I saw my family almost at the entrance of the amusement park which was a bit far. Okay, it was far.

Isabelle looked at me with a smile on her face. "Do you remember the day when you asked me if I wanted to come on this trip with you?"

I thought for a moment, " um, ya."

"So, you remember at the bus stop, when you ran, like, one hundred miles per hour? Right?"

"Uh, ya," I answered, not really wanting to know where this conversation was heading.

"Do you think you could do it again?" Isabelle's eyes lighting up with glee.

"Um, I don't know," I hadn't really thought about it, after it happened at the bus stop, it only happened two more times, that was it. I took another glance at my family, they were already on line for the tickets. "I hope it works," I added.

I grabbed Isabelle around the waist. "you sure you want to do this? This feels weird, and it might not even work."

Isabelle rolled her eyes,"come on, please?"

"Okay, here goes nothing," I started running, I felt the wind screaming in my ears I also felt Isabelle slip just a bit.

Once I stopped, I let go of Isabelle, as we walked to my parents, who were almost at the front of the line.

I couldn't believe it, it actually worked! I looked over at Isabelle, she had a bruise on her left knee.

"Let's not do that again, okay?" I whispered to Isabelle

"Ya," she looked down at her bruised knee.

Once we got in Carlos checked the sign of where the rides were. Carlos looked up.

"Let's go on Thunderlane," Carlos said excitedly

"Which one is that?" My mom asked.

"This one," Carlos replied pointing up.

My mom made a gaging sound,"you know how much I hate those rides."

"I know," Carlos answered with a smile.

I looked up again at all those loopde-loops, and up and downs. Just thinking about it made me want to puke.

"Alexa, I know you don't like those rides, do you want to find a place to sit?" my mom asked.

"Sure."

"I'm going to stick with Alexa, and, Mrs. Lewinsky, if that's okay." Isabelle chirped.

"Of course that's okay, come on girls let's go find a bench to sit on,"my mom concluded,

"Uhuh," I said, although I wasn't really listening, I had other things on my mind. First of all, I could fly. Secondly how could Isabelle remember that I could run fast, when even I couldn't remember that. Lastly why did Isabelle want me to run really fast, so badly, she's not the type to presher you to do something.

Wouldn't these thoughts make you suspicious? Because they definitely made me.