Chapter 6

I took my schedule from my pocket.  After history, I had E.L.A.(English Language Arts) next, in room three twenty five on the third floor. Mr. Gangety had told me where to go.

While on my way to my locker to put my new history books in, I thought about Mr. Gangety. He seemed nice.

When I finally got my combination lock open, I see the girl Tiffany, from the bus out of the corner of mr eye. I duck down, hoping she won't see me.

"Hey, Isabelle girl," said Tiffany waving.

I recaulantly drag myself over there. This isn't going to end well.

"Um, hi" I said softly.

"Hey, guys," Tiffany girl said soothingly, "look, it's my new friend," Tiffany glared at me, putting her arm around my shoulder.

"Hello," said a girl with curly black hair, in a mocking tone, "sorry, didn't catch your name."

"Um.. It's um.. Alexa." Don't ask me why I stayed and chatted, I knew I was already late for class, and, their tone of voice didn't help. "Listen, I really have to go, I'm going to be late for class."

"Who cares about class," said another girl, with caramel colored hair. "Why not ditch it with us?"

I knew they didn't want to include me in there group, they just wanted to get me in trouble. "I would love to do that with you guys, really, I would," no I wouldn't, I would never do that, "but, I really got to go," I tried ducking under Tiffany's arm, but then, Tiffany grabbed me by my backpack.

"Oh no you don't, I think you, are going to ditch class with us." That wasn't a request, that was a I'm going to kill you if you don't do what I say.

"Uhuh," I said following the girls down a random hallway. "Not!"

I started running, I looked back, the girls were a blur, then I knocked into something hard and cold, the lockers.

I looked down the long hallway, there were the girls astonished, I rolled my eyes, but I was thinking about it to, I had just turned on another one of my superpowers, without realizing it, The power of speed.

I ran up two flights of stairs, careful not to turn on my speed again, to reach the third floor.

I was walking down a hallway, when I heard, "young lady, why are you not in class?"

I stopped in my tracks and turned around, there stood a tall, thin woman, with long wavy blond hair, a black woman's suite, black high heels, and a clipboard in her arm.

"Ma'am, I can explain," I started,

"I don't need an explanation here, in my office," she said pointing to the door she had just stepped out of, "right now," she added.

I bit my lip, hopping this would end well, as I walked into the woman's office.

I stood behind two chairs, as I examined the office, painted with a pale green, behind this woman's brown, wood desk, was a bulletin board, mostly covered with pictures of this woman's family.

I would have thought this woman had never smiled in her life if I didn't see that picture on her wall, a picture, with who I'm assuming is her daughter, smiling.

"Have a seat," she said sternly. I carefully sat down, making sure not to lose her gaze. "Now, explain why you were out in the halls, during class."

"Well, after my first, um... after my first class I went to my locker," I started slowly, " then some girls asked me to come over and talk with them, and.. well, I didn't really want to because I didn't want to be late for class, but, anyways, I walked over to them, and..well.. they wanted me to stay with them, and ditch class, but I didn't want to, I didn't want to be late, you know, first day jitters and all, but when I tried to leave,  they pulled me back, and made me stay with them, until I ran away from them, then when I was walking down the hallway, to get to my class, you found me, and told me to come here."

"Uhhhhha, likely story,"