Chapter 7

"No, please, it's true. Do you think I would lie to you?" I asked.

"Yes, I do think you would lie to me," the woman replied.

"I promi-"

"Hush," the woman put her hands on her desk,"that seems the exact story someone would tell me, if they wanted to lie."

"Ma'am, please."

"Shhh, what is your name?" She asked.

I took a deep breath, "Alexa Lewinsky."

"Hmm, Alexa, haven't heard that name last year."

"I'm new here, moved from New York, which I am really upset about, even ask my mom-"

"Alexa,"

"And now, I'm in a new school, and I'm freaking out, 'cause I don't want to get in trouble, and-" I said that all really fast, I do that when I'm nervous.

"Alexa!"

"Ya," I said quietly, realizing I had been going on and on.

"I won't get you in trouble" I heard the, this time, under her breath,"I know your nervous," isn't it obvious, "so just calm down." That woman actually looked and sounded scared, and I thought she was scary.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you, I promise it won't happen again," I assured her.

"I would hope not."

The warning bell rang.

"Now, off to your next class, and don't be late."

"Okay," I stood and walked to the doorway, "wait, one question,"

"Yes?" The woman asked sounding really bored.

"Where exactly is my, um.." I reached behind me and tried to unzip the back pocket of my backpack, but that didn't work, so I took my backpack off my shoulder, I saw the woman roll her eyes at me, I gave a sheepish grin,"sorry," I took my schedule from my backpack.

The woman started drumming her fingers impatiently, on her desk

"Where is um..." I scanned my schedule, "room three twenty five?"

"Down the hall, make a left, it's the second door on your right."

"Okay, thank you," I folded up my schedule and started to leave.

"Wait," the woman said.

I turned back around, scared that she had changed her mind about letting me go without a punishment.

"Here," she handed me a peice of paper that had my name on it, and said 'excused'.

"Thank you so much," I turned and left her room.

(I'm so sorry for the extremely long wait, I've been so busy for so long. I'm also sorry that this chapter is pretty short, I'll try to make it the others longer. Also thank you soooooo much for the 1k reads on this book, it's like a dream come true! Happy reading!)