Reunited

I clipped my badge on to the waist band of my black high waisted skinny jeans and took a deep breath before walking into the asylum. 'You got this Lux.' I said to myself. The sound of my convers squeaking echoed throughout the hallways as I walked. I walked down the main hall and turned left were my office was located. I found an office door with my office number; 204 on it and walked towards it.

I slowly opened the door and walked in. The office was carpeted and had an empty bookshelf near the door. The first thing you notice when you walk in is my gigantic desk. It was a brown wooden desk with a computer on top and a black desk chair to go with it. I had decided to bring my own personal laptop to do my work on instead, for future references. There were two uncomfortable looking chairs sat in front of my desk. 'Possibly for the patients or for guests to sit in.' I thought to myself. When I got the job, they said that all of my patients files would be in the drawers of my desk. I walked over and set my bag down next to my desk before sitting in the desk chair provided.

'First things first; take off shoes' I thought to myself. I reached down and slipped my feet out of my all white convers, leaving me in my plain black socks. I opened my laptop and typed in my password. My home screen was a picture of me with my little brother and sister when they were both 14...the last picture of us together. It's been two years since my little sister died in a car crash, and one year since my brother was diagnosed with leukemia.

I was in deep thought when a knock at my door was heard. I looked up and awnserd "It's open." I yelled. I hid my feet under my desk so no one saw that I didn't have my shoes on. A man, who guessing by the uniform he was wearing, was a guard, entered my office.

"Ma'am, your first appointment is here." He said in a deep husky voice.

"Send 'em in." I replied. He nodded his head and went to open the door. I looked down and noticed my empty shoes by my desk. 'I hope he didn't notice those.' I thought to myself. I bent down to pick them up as the patient was being escorted in. I didn't get a chance to see what they looked like yet, but I herd them sit down in one of the chairs in front of my desk. After hiding my shoes I looked up to look at the patient.

He was tall, had thin pink lips, about shoulder length hair, and dashingly noticeable baby blue eyes. An automatic familiarity zapped through me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Crane!" The guard yelled as he banged on the door. "Get up, you have an appointment scheduled!" He yelled into the cell. I sat up and waited for them to enter.

"You know the drill Crane." He said as he entered my cell. I rolled my eyes and put my hands on my head and stood up. I turned around, so that my back was facing him. He pulled my arms down in front of me and crossed them over my stomach. He then put a straight jacket on me and made sure it was secured tightly.

"Alright, let's go." He said just before pushing me out of my cell. We walked down the hall and took a left.

"So, who's my new doctor?" I asked.

"You'll find out when you get there." He replied as he pushed me to walk faster. I stumbled a bit, but I managed to get back my balance. "Ass!" I muttered. I heard him snicker, but I payed no attention to it. We took a few more turns and were eventually at the door. The other guard who had not yet said a word the entire time, knocked on the door.

I heard a faint "it's open." He opened the door and I saw a glimpse of a women. I did not get to see her very well as he stepped in and closed the door. A couple of words were exchanged till the second guard came out and motioned for me and the first guard to go in. The first guard pushed me to a chair to sit at. I glared at him then sat down as they left the room. The women, my doctor, was under the desk and I had not yet got a chance to see her face. She sat back up and a rush of recognition flew through me as I recognized her eyes.