Chapter 3

Ryan is now a little over a year old! I am a senior! Oh, and I am finally a legal adult!. Me and Brett have been getting really close lately! Ryan wasn’t walking yet, but could be any day now.

Brett invited me over one night to his house. My godmother was in Louisiana doing some charity banquet, so she could not watch Ryan. So I had so take Ryan with me. I put Ryan into his large stroller and walked a couple blocks to Brett’s house.

When I finally got to Brett’s house, there was a yellow sticky note that said, ‘Madi, Hey! Ok at around 7:30, go up the street to 712 NW Centre Brook Way. There is a small group of friends coming to hang out with us :p Well bye’

I walked into Brett’s house and put Ryan on the ground to play, he stood up and clapped and then wandered around Brett’s really dark house with no light on. At 7:25, I found Ryan playing next to Brett’s family’s dog, Klint. When Ryan was back in his stroller, I started walking the both of us to ‘712 NW Centre Brook Way’.

When I arrived at 712 NW Centre Brook Way, Brett was outside sitting on the steps. He looked up and saw me. He immediately got up and hugged me. He showed me this place, no one was there. I asked him where everyone is, and he told me, we were everyone. I chuckled a bit and then, I asked him what this place was.

Once Brett was done showing us the place, he took us inside and took Ryan out of his stroller and played on the floor with him, making me and Ryan laugh at how childish Brett was acting.

After Brett was done playing kid, he sat up on the couch with me. Ryan stood up holding up to the arm rest of the couch and then took his first steps. He walked towards Brett. I got out my phone and took a video of what Ryan was doing. Ryan took another step. And then another. He took several steps towards Brett. When he finally reached Brett, he hugged his legs and pointed towards Brett and said, “Dadda!” Brett smiled a huge smile and picked up Ryan and sat him on his lap. I looked over at the two laughing and playing. I finally noticed Brett wanting me to respond, I looked at Ryan and said. . . .