Chapter 8

Okay, so before I begin, I wanted to say I am so sorry for making you guys wait. I was in school, and I got out 2 weeks ago, and then I found out my grandma was rushed into the hospital, so I had to go see her. . . turns out she is okay! I have had open gym everyday since summer was let out. I am also moving school districts. . .so stressful! Oh and to make it any worse, my sister has surgury tomorrow! and yeah! Alot is happening so far in this summer!

Okay so before I begin. . . If anybody is watching the Stanley Cup Playoffs, who do you want to win LA KINGS or NEW JERSEY DEVILS. . . Please tell me. . . and I will throw in a surpise next chapter about that team!

well here is the story. . .

After Thanksgiving supper, Brett had a game. My godmother had a mission trip to South America, and me and Ryan wanted to go see Brett play. Brett was playing in town tonight, and tomorrow night. BUt tomorrow night, he would be playing the Florida Panthers. . . And not Tampa Bay. So me, Ryan, and Brett were off to the rink. Brett had to be there atleast 3 hours early. . . But no fans could get into the ice rink unil 6, so me and ryan had to wait. . .

See Brett is very supersticious. He has to go into the locker room, sit there for five minutes, walk out and skate. Then he has to wrap his sticks, then sharpen his skates. . .Then he goes back into the locker room, and order a little ceasar's pizza. After that, he has to share the pizza with Rinne. After they are done eating, Brett goes and gets a 1 mile jog around the arena in. Then right as he is done with that, the game is an hour and a half away. Brett then takes a secret path into the locker room. After that he has to shower. and then put all of his stuff on. then he tapes his middle fingers and ring fingers together and moves the fingers around until the tape comes off. After that. . . Brett has to put on his skates. He laces up his skates, then unlaces them. After unlacing them, he has to relace them, really tight. and then he goes out onto the ice and does his warm up. After warm-up, he takes a 5 hour energy. and calls his parents. His mom is disabled and his dad has serious brain injuries after being in a car accident. After talking to his mom, he talks to his father. Brett's father is definately unique. Brett's father, Chip, gives Brett the low down on every team, every game on what Brett needs to do in order to win. After talking to his parents, Brett hangs up the phone and goes and stretches throughly. After stretching Brett has to take the ice for warm-ups with the team. Then after that, Brett gets his 'GAME FACE' on. After getting his game face on, Brett is ready to play.

Madi's POV-

We were 45 minutes away from game time, and me and Ryan were in the far left corner of the arena, right down next to the glass. And everytime Ryan would see Brett or anyone from the Pred's team, he would put his face against the glass and yell "GO DADDY" 30 minutes until game start, a guy in a yellow shirt with the word 'SECURITY' written on it, came up to me and asked me to follow him. After following the guy, Ryan and I found out that Ryan would be dropping the puck at center ice. As game time drew closer and closer. . .Ryan was getting more and more anxious. Both national anthems were sung, and then it was time for Ryan to go and drop the puck. Ryan dropped the puck in between S. Weber, and S. Stamkos. As me and Ryan turned around, there stood Brett. Down on one knee. The arena went into so many oohs, and aahs. . . Stamkos took it to the next level with many camera's and microphones around us, by saying, "Well gee Brett, I know you have a secret undying passion for me, but that ring looks a little to girly for me. Don't you think you should give it to your girlfriend?" The whole arena just started laughing. I looked Brett into the eye, and before any words could come out of his mouth, I said "YESS" I jump into his arms and kissed him on the lips. And the whole arena again went into ooohs and aaahs. And then right as me and Ryan were being escorted off the ice, the anoucer goes, "Oh, adn Madi Soon To Be Reynolds, we would like to introduce to you, the newest Tampa Bay Lighting player, number 65, Brett Reynolds." I lookedover at Brett who was taking off his Pred's jersey and throwing it back to the coach. . . and then showing off his new TB lighting jersey.