Chapter 20 ↣

Um... guys. I look away and start writing a different book for one week and freaking... Jesus I love you people.

5k.

Five fucking thousand reads.

THIS IS AMAZING! I completely missed when we hit 4K but what matters is that we were able to reach this high.

I love you guys...but to be honest...the book is ending soon.

I won't tell you how soon, it's just soon.

I love you, and I love your comments as well, so please comment. As much as I love and appreciate how many of you vote for the story, I love to read and respond to your comments.

Literally comment anything and I will respond to it.

Okay I wasted over 100 words already, here is the thing you actually came here for.

~Morning before the party~

I block two punches but fail to detect the person in front of me and I get kneed in the stomach.

I retreat back a few steps, listening to the footsteps around me. Of course they fucking blind folded me. Why not?

A slight shift of feet suggest an oncoming attack from the right of me, I send my own punches and kicks, and end up hitting who I'm fairly certain is Diggle.

They're rotating around me, fairly quickly.

I charge forward, and by the change of pace of footsteps, I ran straight past one person.

"I spent two months in a sensory deprivation box so that Osiris was satisfied by my hearing." I say, making a few people sigh- drawing out their locations.

I dive a few feet to my left and tackle someone to the ground, judging by their body type, and what my fists can gather from the short bursts against them, it is Roy.

"Roy's out." Felicity calls from back at her computer station.

I slide off of him and he pushes me slightly, sending me back to the middle of their shark ring.

A pair of footsteps start to charge at me, and I react by charging back towards them.

We clash, and by the strong feminine scent and lock of hair that grazes my face, it's made fairly obvious it's Laurel.

She grabs my shoulder and elbow and pins my arm against my back. I take this close proximity to my advantage and hook my foot around her leg and pull it out from underneath her.

Before she falls to the ground, enabling her defeat, I grab her arm, which was holding me handicap, and pull her around me and over my shoulder.

Despite her best efforts, my strength over comes her kicks and pries against my grip.

She then realizes what I'm attempting to do and starts to make a lot of noise in my ear, shouting and making a lot of nonsense.

I sigh, accepting my defeat with her, and I throw her in a direction where I guess someone else is.

"Laurel's out." Felicity announces again.