Chapter 18

Chapter 18

:Sophia

Peeking I glanced over at the chair by the bed and found Tanner slouched his hand still holding mine. Blinking I barley moved as I watched the slow rise and fall of his chest. 

I'd expected him to have slipped off after I'd fallen asleep, and if he was still here it meant Jordan still had not shown up. 

Though what the Prince had said, made sense at the time but Jordan was able to appear at will in different place so why had he not done it yet? Suddenly Tanner jolted and looked around with a bewildered look before settling his eyes one me.

"Sophia" His voice was scratchy and heavy with sleep he gave a deep long yawn and stretched his long lets before releasing my hand quickly. "How long have you been up?"

"A minute?" The truth I'd just woken up but didn't want to wake  him. 

He nodded slowly and rubbed his face. "Why didn't you wake me?" 

"You where sleeping" 

He gave me a look obviously that was not the answer he was expecting or wanted to hear. 

"I had just woken up" I repeated. "I didn't think to wake  you?" I corrected and he nodded slowly before looking at the clock and hopping up. 

"Well I have things to do, you have classes, not to mention breakfast. Make sure you eat something" He headed for the door and opened it. 

"Tanner-it's been more then 53 hours meaning its going on day 3 of him being late. He is cautious but I doubt it would need that much caution" I stated causing him to stop half way in the door way, "And he can disappear and appear at will. Where is Jordan?" I demanded . 

His shoulders straightened and his hands clenched. "I will let you know when I know" His voice was tense. 

"You have to know he is your brother" I snapped as I got out of the bed. "Why isn't he here yet ?" I demanded. 

"I dont know" He snapped and turned to look at me. "End of discussion about my brother" he snarled causing General and Ghost to move in front of me growling. 

"It wont be the end till he is here safe" I felt my jaw clench as I glared at him. 

"Sophia" his voice did a 180 as he rubbed his face looking tired. "It is best for you to know as li-"

"As little as possible" I finished roughly. "Yes everyone keeps saying that but from what I get it's to late for me to be safe. From living with a pack and dealing with everything. I demand to know what is happening." 

He growled and his face ghosted over with no emotion. "I cant allow that. Not when there is still a chance of you not getting involved in what is to come" he answered. "I very much wish you do have the normal human life Sophia" he turned and slammed the door behind himself causing me to jump from the force he used. 

--

Panting  I turned a corner and backed to the wall gasping for breath as the person skidded to a stop and prowled towards me. 

"Think you can get away?" The silky voice churned my stomach. 

The man was tall and handsome, why he had chased me I dont know. I didn't want to find out after the first encounter with two of the men from here. 

I'd taken a wrong turn and got lost stumbling on him I'd panicked and took off running. 

"Well?" he strolled towards me with a curled smile flashing his white teeth. "Haven't seen you around. Your pretty" he reached out and touched my hair causing me to flinch back and whimper.