Cabin

Jackson
I'm in a wooden cabin out in the middle of the woods. It was a while away from the Mute attack but I followed the girl and she perfectly navigated the woods as if it were the back of her hand. The cabin was large but was cozy. I sat on her couch whilst she started cooking something. We didn't say anything the whole walk and I still don't know if I can trust her. We sat without talking for a few minutes deciding who was going to speak first when she broke the silence.
"What were you doing in the middle of the forest?" I hesitate. She saved my life but I wasn't sure whether it was because she needed something or if it was out of the goodness of her heart. I pray it's the latter.
"I was looking for my friend. She was taken by the Mutes." I explain. She stopped cooking and stared at me intrigued.
"Are you and your friend one of them? One of the psychics?" She asked her voice sounded fascinated like. I nod and she gasps. We obviously were rare and or didn't visit this neck of the woods. "An actual success. I'm surprised their experiments worked considering everyone working there are psychopaths."
"How do you know about the psychics and the Organisation's experiments?" I inquired. I felt as if she knew too much about Rose and me already and I've barely said anything.
"I used to know people there. When I found out what they're doing I was disgusted and cut them out of my life. No one's come for me yet which means I'm well hidden. You're safe." I relaxed slightly but still felt like I wasn't getting the whole truth. I didn't press, however, hoping to maintain an ally for the moment. She went back to cooking and smiled softly. She probably guessed I was going to attempt a breakout for my friend that would end in failure and perhaps she wanted to help.
"What's your name?" She asked without looking up.
"Jackson. My friend is Rose." She nodded and I started to shake. The more I thought about Rose the more I realize that she might be dead or in agony. The girl must have seen this and continued asking questions trying to keep my mind off of her. All of which I answered honestly and I decided this was my chance to ask a few of my own.
"How did you learn to fight like that?"
"Like I said, someone's probably going to come for me and I think it's better to be safe than sorry. I taught myself. The trick is to confuse them and hurt them without them focusing." I chuckled. It looked like a dance. She was quick on her feet and made it look so much easier than it probably was. The girl gave me something to eat and sat down. I saw a question forming but she wouldn't say it. Probably because it involved Rose.
"What can you do? What are your powers?"
"I haven't even discovered them all for myself. I know I have telekinesis and an ability to see into the future but so far that's only happened with Rose, and when we're sleeping. I'm pretty sure I have enhanced strength as well." The girl nodded. "Rose only just discovered one of her powers trying to not get captured. As well as the dreams, she can manipulate her voice when she screams so that it can cause a lot of damage. I'm fairly sure she has enhanced speed as well but that's it."
"You really care for this girl don't you?"
"She's the only person I have, the only good thing. She's the only family I have." I looked up at her. When I said this I could see her heart shatter. Losing someone you love to evil purposes is enough to break someone. After a minute she got up and started walking to her room. I asked her where she was going.
"I know everything about the place they most definitely took Rose. I've been trying to get the subjects out for years so I'm very passionate about this. I also know you need a plan and an ally. We're going to get her." My heart lifts and I thank her multiple times. She just smiled. She said she'd need a good nights sleep before planning however and I was fine with it. She was coming back. I will be able to see Rose again. Before she left she turned to me as I got comfortable laying on her couch. "I'm Zara by the way." She smiled before walking out and I couldn't help but smile as well. I wish Rose could hear me. I want her to know what we're doing for her.
I'm coming Rose and I'm not going to be alone.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry, this is a really short chapter and probably has SOOOO many mistakes in it but my computer was having difficulties and had to update from my phone. I didn't want to keep y'all waiting and I know some of you have been dying for a new part. Thank you guys for all of your support! Every time I see the number of views goes up I get really excited!!
Tasha ;)
P.S. Don't forget to vote/comment if you enjoy this book. I take constructive criticism so don't be shy and tell me if I should change anything or do something else. Also, recommend my stories to other people who you think might enjoy the story. Thanks