Prologe 1 Mandy

I was sitting in class the 'popular' guys were talking about sports again football basketball baseball I'm more on to gymnastics and video games myself.

"Mandy.Mandy. Amanda!"

"What?"

"I told everyone to open to page 73 and start taking notes on ionic bonds. Stop daydreaming." My science teacher said.

They didn't want us having too much fun.

A bit after studying, well, more like incoherently staring a book for 20 minutes while doodling. "Ok you can talk for the last 5 minutes" my science teacher said from behind his computer.

"Hey Mandy what are you doing this weekend?" my best friend, Madisen, asked.

"Nothing that I can think of, why?"

"Because Fandom is coming out this weekend on DVD and we're having a horror movie spree at my house."

"That comes out tonight? Lets do it!"

I used to love scary everything scary movie, scary books, scary stories,and haunted anything, but when you live in your worst nightmare you get over it. Then the bell rang. We rushed out side and to our lockers I put my scinece book away and grab  my newest horror book. I loved to read, it had to be one of my favorite things to do. I rush over to Madisen who was walking up the stairs to our study hall in the library.

"So who's all going to be there?" I ask

" It's going to be you, me, Mary, Mckayla, and my little sister" she says with a disappointing tone.

I laugh a little "But your sisters afraid of everything. We could make her scream by giving her doll with a plastic spoon, hide it under her pillow, and cover the whole thing in ketchup. What is she now 7."

" She's 9 and my mom forced me to let her sleep with us tonight."

We stood out side the library it had to be one of my favorite rooms in the whole school, it had huge windows and it was on the 5th floor so you could see every thing, and more books than you could imagine. I went to a private school so we had enough money to buy almost the entire public library. We were getting ready to go inside when one of the kids in my class, came up the stairs his hands were black and were spreading up his arms.

He screamed "Everybody RUN!"

I looked out side the giant windows and saw them there were hundreds of them running up and down the street tackling people then they started coming up the stairs. I ran and I ran fast I dropped my book and ran. I knew the government would lie it was just a matter of time before they really messed up.

It was about one and a half months ago they were trying to cure cancer they found a formula and it worked the cancer was gone in minutes they lost feeling in there fingers and toes, they turned black and spread up the limbs, but the cancer was gone. So, they told everyone this cure was used in every state, every city, every hospital. Everyone, cured of cancer but one week later everyone died that was given the cure, it was tragic most people had proper funerals but some were studied in the hospital there arms and legs continued to get darker and the blackness would continue to spread. One day after they died, they killed everyone in the hospital bitting there necks ripping off flesh everyone who lived around the hospital too. It was chaos, but people killed every last one of the people that were given the formula it took a very long time to clean up after that. People had to stay away from hospitals the area around for a little longer than a week. About two just to make sure these would not come back to life. They also took awhile to search the place for any more that were given the cure which took another week about and then they started to clean up the bodies. Everyone thought that was the end, but you know how it takes 9 months for a baby to grow and develop, well, it takes a month for a human that's been bitten to turn its skin  to be fully black. On the last day there eyes open and turn red, then they wake up. The government said that it was fine to go back to our daily lives but because of them about one million people are dead or have turned.

I found a small closet on the 4th floor no windows only one door. I couldn't even stand up in it. I locked myself inside and bolted it shut with a big box of spare wood planks. I turned to see a little boy, about 5th grade.

" DIE!" he screamed and threw a shovel at me. What kind of a closet was that, the zombie apocalypse storage unit.

I tuck and roll out of the way and the shovel makes a thud the creatures outside probably heard the noise  and started banging on the door. I crawled over to the boy and but my hand on his mouth I could tell he was sobbing and scared.

''I'll get us out of here" I whispers so quietly I barely hear but he nodded I removed my hand from his mouth.

We waited till there was silence for about 15 minutes until I heard no more screams, no more foot steps, no more noise. Then we slipped out. I lived close to school only half a block but they were every were I ran with the boy in front of me so he would not get hurt if something jumped us from the back I couldn't have left him there he was so small. That's when I realized the 'things' were stronger, faster, and tougher than humans they were almost indestructible. I ran in to my dad grabbing his keys and his shot gun. He stared at me and I stared at him.

" What are you waiting for the apocalypse ?"

But that was 2 weeks ago.