Chapter 14 Josh

Mandy steps out of the car and loads her gun. We walk out to the house. It's me, then Mandy, then Luke. I pause at the door I think about knocking but I don't. I try opening the door.

"It's locked" I say

"Maybe there's a way in the back?" Luke says with his gun at his side. Was it a good idea to give Luke a gun. He could just shoot both me and Mandy and steal the car. I think about taking it away as we walk to the other side of the house. I see a cellar door leading to the basement of the house. I step up and tug on the handle. Nothing.

"Josh be careful" Mandy says.

"I'm fine. Luke go back and see if there's another way..." the doors fling open and clang on the the ground with a thud. Luke jumps and pulls his fun closer to him. We start climbing down the stairs in to the dark.

"Do we even know if we can get in the house from here?" Mandy asks while closing the basement doors. Its now pitch black. I feel Mandy's hand against mine. I grab her hand and pull it closer to me. I don't know where Luke is until he calls us under his breath. I see a sliver of light and his silhouette. We walk towards him and up a couple of steps. Mandy trips and I catch her. I pull her to her feet. Luke looks at us and slowly opens the door. Light floods the basement and we look through the open door. I see a hallway with flowery wall paper and an oak trim at the bitten of the wall.

We're in the hallway. To the left is a stairway and to the right are three open doors

"Split up, Mandy check those doors, me and Luke will check upstairs" Mandy nods and enters the rooms gun first. I start going up the stairs. Each one creaks as when I stepped on it. Then there's another hallway to the left, a room, the doors open and the sun light is coming through the other door.

"Luke, check that door." I point with my gun to the closed one. He nods and and slowly opens the door. I start heading to the doorway when I hear the gunshot I automatically running to Mandy but she's already running up the stairs and towards Luke's room I run after her.

"On My God l" she screams and covers her mouth.

I run in to the room. I stop at the door way to see Luke with his gun and a man on the floor with a bullet through his head.