Prologe 2 Josh

We were on the stage. I always hated the school plays,the acting, the stage, and the costumes. The play was How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying, or something like that. I wasn't very good at school but sports so this was the next best thing to get my mom off my back. I wasn't very social but I had one friend she didn't go to my school though.

Then I was called up "Josh speaking for the role of..."the class president squints at the paper "who ever I just want to be in the back behind a tall kid or something." Ms. Neely looked at me annoyed.

"If you are not going to take this seriously we could have you do clean up crew but you would only work the day after the play... "

"No, it's ok what do I have to do."I did not want to join something like chess club. I was running out of after school activities. Some of the popular kids started laughing at me as I walked to the middle of the stage.

"You can read for the part of Mr. Wally Womper." she hands me a sheet of paper. What kind of a name was that?

I read through the lines and see it in the back a flash of movement in the back. I was the first one to see it I dropped the paper.

" What are you going to read the line or are you going to..."

That was all she could say before it attacked her. It had black skin that's when I saw there was more of them ripping apart seats, props, people. I was terrified I was frozen in fear couldn't move an foot.

"JOSH WHAT ARE YOU DOING, RUN!" someone said it didn't sound right though not anyone I knew, but trustworthy. I snapped out of it and crawled in to the band loft. I was running fast but not fast enough one of them scratched my right leg but adrenalin rushed through me and ran in to the band room and locked the door there was pounding and I was scared. I looked around I didn't know if they could smash through the door, so, I thought fast there were small windows on the top of the room (we were in the basement so the windows lead to outside). I crawled on top of a base drum and my left foot broke through the drum. A hole broke through the door.

"Oh God" they were breaking through the door and my foot was caught in a drum. I franticly shook my foot out and saw the teachers desk in the corner and climbed through that. The door bused open and I quickly squirmed through the window. I was just small enough to fit through and I quickly closed the window as 'they' all smacked in to it. I ran watching everyone of them run and tackle innocent people. I ran in to the Gun and Tackle Store and there were a lot of people gathering things. That's when it all caught up to me the pain of my leg I collapse on to the floor and in the haze of it all I see what looked like my best friend Mandy and her dad. I knew she would survive her dad was in the Army and knew about survival the I realized it was her. She ran up to me looked at my face and then my leg then back to my face.

" Are you ok?" she asked crying.

I nodded " Yeah, just go without me get supplies and find a good spot to hide" I knew I would just slow them down and my leg hurt a lot I could have been put out of my misery.

The Mandy picks me up puts my arm around me and we limp to her car(which the drove in to the store through the wall because 'its was the apocalypse why not' she answered me later in the day) . "Supplies are something you need and I need you." She sets me down in the back of her jeep. "I couldn't live without my best friend" she says with a tear going down her face. Her dad walks over.

"Got everything we need let's head out" . And we drive to the next store.

But that was 2 weeks ago.