6. Peach cold rain [Kogyeol]

A/N: HIYAA, missed me? 🤙👀 i missed you guys, but finally i have managed to update! enjoy~
- seu1gi

🍯

It was a rainy morning. Yesterday had made you tired from all that shopping (and choking on your boba tea). You were not used to it, since you used to be a caveman in your own room on the lowkey – though, you knew that time would be over from now on.

As long as UP10TION were staying at your place, there wouldn't be any time for you to be watching variety shows or gushing and drooling over your biases. Well, technically you could be doing the last thing, (but still, you shouldn't!). In case they would catch you doing such thing, they would probably just find you weird.

You knew how to behave properly around them. Although they were your favorite idols, you had to keep in mind and remember the fact that they're also just normal people and they should have the freedom to be so.
Since you knew that they had a busy schedule outside of this long break, you wouldn't want to cause more stress for them.

There was a knock on your door.
"Ohh please, not right now, i'm so tired~"
You sulked and got out of your silky soft bed to open the door.

"Guess what i bought yesterday.. Yes that's right, peaches!" Kogyeol said. He stood there, within his hand a plate of freshly cut slices of peaches.
"Perhaps may I come in?" He gestured like a waiter with his plate.

Quickly, you shut the door and threw yourself on the bed, digging and screaming your head in a pillow.
You were about to burst;
First of all, it's so early in the morning. Shouldn't he be sleeping? Resting from all the practice that K-Pop idols usually have going on? Secondly, why would he do such a thing? For you?! And thirdly, no – lastly, WHY IS HE SO FREAKING HANDSOME?? AND COOL???AND CUTE AT THE SAME TIME?! Your mind was going crazy. Somehow you managed to make it up.

"...Okay, i'll just place the plate right he-"

"Would you please wait for me, K- Kogyeol? I.. need to get dressed first."

"Of course, Y/N! Just take your time. We've got all day. Well— please, just maybe hurry up a little. I wouldn't want these peaches to go cold. They wouldn't be as delicious~"
You could hear him from outside. Too cute.
Just hearing his voice made your heart thump.

<10 minutes later>

"I'm really sorry, I took too long didn't I? Oh."
As you opened the door, on the floor in front of you was Kogyeol. In his usual fashionable boyfriend style. It just suited him so well. He was leaning against the wall opposite to your room, dozing off. Cute. CUTE!!!

Although he looked peacefully asleep, it did not look like a comfortable position to sleep in. You tried to wake him up by carefully tapping his shoulder.

"Kogyeol~ Wake up. I'm he-"

Quickly, he grabbed your arm and you fell into his embrace. Warm and soft. Feels like home. Funny, how you're already at home. Must be another type of home.

Wait a minute...

What to do?! Y/N What is wrong with you?! Get out there right now!

"Mom?" Kogyeol mumbled, still half asleep. It took some seconds for him to realize. As he got up from the floor, he gently lifted you up just at the same time.

"I'm really sorry, Y/N. I hope you didn't feel too uncomfortable with that. I just thought of my mom, as she usually tried to wake me up from falling asleep from studying. Obviously that's not what i'm doing anymore, hehe!" He laughed it off, but you could still see the hint of sadness in his eyes. A sadness that also you could understand.

"You must really miss her, don't you? I mean, you're very far away from her, after all. It's okay. I get that feeling too. My mom always goes out on business trips. It's been years since we've just.. had dinner together, the three of us. Her, me and bald– I mean my dad."

Was this a way of you to comfort him? Would that really help?, You thought to yourself. The last thing you would want to do is to say something wrong. To anyone in general.

"Ah, i did notice that something was missing. A woman. The mom of you, the wife of bald– i mean your dad." He winked at you, indicating the joke and you bursted out in laughter.

"Yeah, I wondered why. But right in front of me, there's a beautiful woman. At her prettiest, and that's when she's smiling," Kogyeol smiled.

Your heart strings were tugging just a bit.. Too much.

No way. He's a K-pop idol. He'll be leaving in a few months. Don't expect anything. Don't be stupid, Y/N.

Not being able to speak, you were at loss for words.

"Thank you, Y/N." His eyes had that charming gaze. A gaze of him you had never seen before. You couldn't help but want to keep that gaze all to yourself.

You quickly looked away before you probably would do something crazy.

"L- let's eat the peaches! They might have gotten warm by now."

You took a piece and started eating it. Sour and sweet. Surprisingly, they were still very cold.
Maybe it was because of the rain today.
Perhaps it was due to the warmth from your face not exploding in this hallway. Thank god for that.

"Yum!"