Chapter 12

Moi-Moi: For the answer to the last Pokémon trivia. This one was a bit iffy... Ash, Dawn, Iris, Clemont, and Cilan all own at least one Electric type Pokémon. If you count Bonnie taking care of Dedenne, you would get six. But, technically, Dedenne is Clemont's Pokémon. Either way, if you say 5 (or 6, counting Bonnie), you got it! For your next question, I've decided to ask something that no one can get wrong.

Who are your favorite travelling partners and rivals?

I'm curious as to who you guys like the most. If you've read my author's notes on fanfiction.net and took a little peek at my other Pokémon stories there, you could easily guess mine. Personally, Serena is my favorite travelling partner and Paul is my favorite rival. These characters need their own episode or special or something! I demand more Paul and Serena can't leave yet! Why does she have to go to Hoenn!?

~:~

We join our heroes on their way to Lavaridge Town. Many troubles are just beyond the horizon for Alena. Let's hope she can face them head on and become triumphant.

Lairon was at his wit's end.

For days, Swablu had followed the group as they travelled through forests and Fallarbor Town. Every second that Lairon was out of his ball, he had to put up with Swablu's constant weight on his back (Swablu weighed barely any more than two pounds, but that was irrelevant). Swablu continued to ignore Lairon's upset, however. She always kept a perky air about her, quickly causing others to join in on her happiness. Lairon was alone in his frustrations.

"Thank you, Swablu," Alena said with a smile as Swablu handed her the wooden spoon that she had been carrying.

"Swablu is so nice," Anya smiled up at the tiny bird. Swablu trilled happily before landing softly onto Anya's head. Anya giggled just as Swablu's cottony wings covered her eyes. Lairon rolled his eyes.

"You've been following us for a while now, Swablu. You must really like being around us," Alena acknowledged while stirring the contents of her metal pot that hung over a small fire.

Swablu cooed before flapping over to where Lairon rested. With a bright smile, Swablu snuggled into the space between Lairon's spikes. "I get it. Swablu likes you Lairon," Anya said with a giggle. Lairon huffed.

"Why don't you come along with us to Lavaridge Town, Swablu?" Alena suggested. Swablu perked up with an excited look at the same time that Lairon gained an urgent one. "You've already been following us for a few days now. We're almost to Lavaridge Town, anyways."

"I like that idea. If you caught Swablu, she could stay with us all the time," Anya said.

"Lairon!" Lairon objected loudly with a stomp of his foot.

"Lairon likes that idea, too!" Anya misinterpreted.

Lairon balked comically before rushing over to Alena with a pleading look in his bright, blue eyes. Alena had to steady the pot that contained their lunch so it wouldn't topple over from Lairon's heavy thuds. "Swablu, do you want to be my Pokémon?" Alena questioned the small bird once she was sure her food wouldn't go to waste.

"Bluuu!" Swablu cooed happily before flapping over to Alena. Automatically, Alena wrapped her arms around Swablu just before the bird began nuzzling into Alena's chest.

"That's definitely a "Yes". Isn't this great, Lairon?" Anya questioned the Steel type. Lairon growled lowly with a roll of his eyes.

Alena held Swablu to her with one arm before reaching down to pat Lairon consolingly. "It'll be alright, Lairon. I think Swablu would love living with us. We'll all grow to love having her around, too. You'll see," Alena smiled. To anyone who looked closely enough, it would appear that Lairon was pouting. But, it was probably just a trick of the light.