Chapter 7

6 months had passed

"Hey Donut, Alex is waiting for you outside the school." Laura said before she got into her classroom.

Laura and I are currently teaching. I on music, while she is on Literature.

"Okay, I'll be there." I replied as I started to walk, passing the lockers.

I went outside the school. There I saw Alex, standing with his one hand behind his back.

"Hello Adele..." Alex came up to me and showed a bouquet of flowers. Red Roses.

I instantly remembered Simon. He knew my favorite flower. White Roses. Just a single white rose. 'Cause for me, bouquet of flowers and red roses are common or garden fairings.

How I missed Simon.

"Do you like it?" Alex snapped me out from my thoughts.

"Yeah, thanks." I faked a smile. I can easily appreciate things but this just reminds me of Simon.

"Are you free tonight? I'll pick you up at 7." Alex held my hand.

"Uhm, yes. I'll just see you then..." Alex pecked my cheeks and I went back to the lockers area.

Alex and I are been dating for about 1 month. I thought dating Alex would made me forget Simon, but it got worst even more. I just remembered him through every little details I've seen or heard.

"Delly, you came perfectly! Let's go home!" Laura said as she locked her locker. I did not noticed that she came to my side.

"I thought Daniel will accompany you home?"

"He can't make it, he's sick."

"Oh tell him, get well soon." I interlocked our arms and headed home.

As we are driving back home, Laura exclaimed.

"Adele, look at this!" Laura pointed something on her phone.

"Is that really important? You know I'm driving Lau."

"Yes, it's... Simon." Laura faintly said.

No Adele, the last time you heard about him, he was with someone else...

FLASHBACK

"Hello?" I said from the other line.

"Hello, who's this?" A woman answered, I bet it's Simon's mum.

"I'm Adele, is Simon is there Mrs. Konecki?"

"Oh Adele honey! How are you? Simon went out."

"I'm fine... When is he coming back?"

"I'm not sure darling, but he went out with Claire."

"Uhm... Okay... I guess I'll be just calling later again. Thanks Mrs. Konecki..."

I hung up the phone, brokenhearted.

I guess he's doing fine. Doing very fine.

END OF FLASHBACK

That's the reason why I considered dating Alex as part of my moving on phase. I forced myself to believe that if I will love someone else, I can get rid Simon out of my mind.

"Look Donut..." Laura placed her phone in front of me so I was left with no choice but to stare at it.

No words came out of my mouth, my tears involuntarily fell down.

"Adele?" Laura rubbed my hand.

"I'm sorry... I just missed him."

"Is that all?" Laura stared into my eyes.

I saw a photo of Simon with a girl on Facebook. He was wrapping his arms on her waist while they gave their best smiles to the camera. I bet that's Claire.

"Uhm, yeah..." I slowly pushed Laura's phone away from me and continued driving.

"You know Delly, I knew it. I knew it right from the very start..."

"What are you talking about Lau?"

"I know what's inside your beautiful heart and crazy mind... I know that you loved Simon more than a best friend. And I know what your feeling right now after seeing the picture..."

"Shut up Lau. I don't know what your talking about."

"Oh Delly, you know the weakest sin you can do... You're not good at lying. Nice try Adele, nice try."

I remained silent. I was still shocked of what I saw.

"...how did you know about it? And when?" I asked Laura.

"Delly, I'm not stupid for me not to understand the butterflies you get every time Simon's eyes meets yours. I can see sparks, whenever the two of you are together. When? My suspicions were ended on the day of our prom. I saw how Simon almost drooled on seeing your figure, I saw how the two of you moved lovely under the spot light and most of all, I saw how the two of you cared for one another. Babe, no best friends do the the things, simon and you did. My question is, why did you let this all happen? I mean, I'm  sure, Simon loved you too, but what happened?"

"Laura, if Simon loved me too, he should've told me. He should've called me to tell me he loves me. But no, Laura, no. I think I should forget that once in my life, I fell in love with my best friend and I think that's an infatuation only. I've got Alex now. He loves me and I love him. Maybe not the way like I do to Simon but, there's plenty of time. Plenty of time to teach my heart and follow my mind. There's no need to rush."

"Okay, if that's what you said. You know I'll support your decisions no matter what my Donut... I just want you to ask something."

"What is it Lau?"

"Just be honest to yourself, to your heart and to your mind. Remember Delly, 'the truth will set you free'."

The truth will set me free... But I think the truth hurts me more...

A/N: tadaaa! I feel like I'm writing in slow phase. I think these events took forever lol. Hope you guys are all doing fine x (me want lasagna 😢)

- A.