quotes on a mental illness

This chapter is just quotes, another chapter on quotes....gay i know but i found some really good quotes. So in comments share you favourite one! See what ones more popular! 

“I'm the girl who is lost in space, the girl who is disappearing always, forever fading away and receding farther and farther into the background. Just like the Cheshire cat, someday I will suddenly leave, but the artificial warmth of my smile, that phony, clownish curve, the kind you see on miserably sad people and villains in Disney movies, will remain behind as an ironic remnant. I am the girl you see in the photograph from some party someplace or some picnic in the park, the one who is in fact soon to be gone. When you look at the picture again, I want to assure you, I will no longer be there. I will be erased from history, like a traitor in the Soviet Union. Because with every day that goes by, I feel myself becoming more and more invisible...” 
― Elizabeth Wurtzel, Prozac Nation

“The thing about people who are truly and malignantly crazy: their real genius is for making the people around them think they themselves are crazy. In military science this is called Psy-Ops, for your info.” 
― David Foster Wallace, Infinite Jest

“I wanted to tell her that if only something were wrong with my body it would be fine, I would rather have anything wrong with my body than something wrong with my head, but the idea seemed so involved and wearisome that I didn’t say anything. I only burrowed down further in the bed.” 
― Sylvia Plath, The Bell Jar

AN-http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/tag/mental-illness is where those quotes came from ^^^

It does not matter how deep you fall, what matters is how high you bounce back.
unknown

Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget about everything except what you’re going to do now – and do it. 
William Durant

Every defeat, every heartbreak, every loss, contains its own seed, its own lesson on how to improve your performance the next time. 
Og Mandino

Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear.
Ambrose Redmoon

Determination, patience and courage are the only things needed to improve any situation.
Peter Sinclair

Fall seven times, stand up eight. 
Japanese proverb

We must accept finite disappointment, but we must never lose infinite hope.
Martin Luther King “

Just as despair can come to one only from other human beings, hope, too, can be given to one only by other human beings. 
Elie Weisel

AN- http://www.recoverywirral.com/2012/01/some-great-and-inspirational-quotes-about-recovery-in-mental-health-he-who-has-hope-has-everything/ is where these quotes came from ^^^^^

A lot of people don't realize that depression is an illness. I don't wish it on anyone, but if they would know how it feels, I swear they would think twice before they just shrug it.
Jonathan Davis 

Serious illness doesn't bother me for long because I am too inhospitable a host.
Albert Schweitzer 

People who cannot find time for recreation are obliged sooner or later to find time for illness.
John Wanamaker 

My goal is to see that mental illness is treated like cancer.
Jane Pauley 

AN-http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywords/illness.html is where these quotes come from ^^^^^^

“The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, not to worry about the future, nor to anticipate troubles, but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly.” –Buddha

“Happiness does not depend upon who you are or what you have. It depends solely upon what you think.” –Dale Carnegie

“Self-pity gets you nowhere. One must have the adventurous daring to accept oneself as a bundle of possibilities and undertake the most interesting game in the world: making the most of one’s best.” –Harry Emerson Fosdick

“Issue a blanket pardon. Forgive everyone who has ever hurt you in any way. Forgiveness is a perfectly selfish act. It sets you free from the past.” –Brian Tracey

“Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it’s always your choice.” –Wayne Dyer

AN- http://www.depression-industry.com/depression-quotes.html is where those quote came from ^^^^^

Now these next ones will be about suicide, just a heads up:) 

•"When you're home by yourself you're behind enemy lines."

•"If you share your pain you cut it in half, if you don't you double it."

•"If you don't want what we have, go back out to what you had."

•"There's no elevator, you have to take the steps."

 •"AA is not for people who need it, it's for people who want it."

•"Part of compliance is defiance, but you must arrive at acceptance of the disease."

•"I'm an egomaniac with an inferiority complex."

 •"My head is like a bad neighborhood and I shouldn't go in there alone."

•" Religion is for people who are afraid they'll go to hell. Spirituality is for people who have been there."

 •"I'm not going to give anybody free rent in my head."

•"I was hopelessly dopeful...now I'm dopelessly hopeful."

•"I used to be a hopeless dope fiend, now I'm a dopeless hope fiend."

•"I need to put  things in perspective because I have a disease of perception."

•"An alcoholic is chosen to find God."

•"The quality of your recovery is proportional to the quality of your surrender."

 •"I'm a W.C.S. person. That's Worst Case scenario"

•"I'm basically a negative person, that's why I'm so happy."

•"Untreated alcoholism without the steps on a daily basis will make my past my future."

•"Uncover...Discover...Discard."

 •"Those who relapse are attending powerlessness graduate school."

•"This program changes the way I relate to me.  That's what I'm trying to do, change the way I relate to me."

•"If you commit suicide you're killing the wrong person."

•"If you're not moving away from a drink you're moving closer to it."

•"I've been beating up on myself so much I feel like hitting myself."

•"A critic is a person who goes onto the battlefield after the battle has been fought and shoots the survivors."

•"AA is not a program to get sober...it's a program to live your life successfully and to be happy once you get sober."

 •"I'd never trade my worst day sober for my best day drunk."

•"Being an alcoholic does not give me the excuse to act alcoholically."

AN- http://www.teen-anon.com/quotes.htm is where those quotes came from. All were anon so couldnt give credit sorry. 

If you have any quotes you would like to share, comment them or message them to me and i will type below. Just say the quote and if you would like credit or not:)