Chapter 9

Tobio-chan's pov

"DON'T MIND! DON'T MIND!" Suga shouted at Hinata. 

As we tossed the final ball in the air, a few minutes later, we cheered with victory. This feeling never gets old.

As I walked, Daichi-san came walking up to me. 

"Um...Kageyama...we might need to leave right after this..." I gave him a questioning look and he rubbed the back of his head.

 "Your little sister...we just got a call from the hospital..." My eyes widened. 

"What?" My eyes widened. 

"Your sister got hit by a truck, she's in the hospital right now." Everyone on the team had their attention. 

"KAGEYAMA. WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" I was so lost in my thoughts, I didn't see everyone running towards the van already. 

"Eh?"

"YOUR LITTLE SISTER IS IN TROUBLE. HURRY!" Suga yelled, and I ran quickly as possible to the van. 

"Don't worry Kageyama. She'll be okay." I couldn't think right. I couldn't process everything. This is all my fault. If I hadn't went to the volleyball game and just stayed with Ayano, this wouldn't have happened. 

It's all my fault...

"It's all my fault..." I quietly whispered to myself but Hinata was able to hear. 

"It's not your fault Kageyama. This isn't your sister's fault either. It's the drivers fault. He was probably not looking." Hinata reassured me. 

2 hours later, we got off and ran towards the hospital. I went up to the front desk.

"Hello, sir. Who are you visiting today?"The woman asked. 

"Ayano. Kageyama Ayano." Her eyes widened, but looked sad at the end. 

"Follow me, sir." I looked at my friends and they all told me to go. They were going to wait in the waiting room. 

"This door, sir." She looked down, and bowed before leaving. 

My heart raced. Ayano. Please be safe. Ayano. 

I opened the door, to see Ayano sleeping soundly on the bed. I quickly ran towards her. 

I held her hand. 

"Ayano..." Tears started falling out of my eyes. I don't want to lose you too...I'm sorry...

I held her hand, I felt her hand move. I looked up to see her awake. 

"AYANO!" I hug her as I cried into her shoulders. 

"Um..." I looked at her as she started to talk. 

"Who are you, sir?" 

"No...No..No! Ayano! Ayano! Stop joking around. It's not funny." I started to cry even more. No. No. No. I'm going to be alone...

"Sir?...I'm sorry but...could you tell me who you are?" She smiled, but I couldn't. 

This moment. I've never felt anything more terrible than this. I stepped back. 

"Ayano...I'm your brother...don't you remember?" I cried quietly. 

"I-I think you entered the wrong room...I don't really remember...anything. But I'm sure I didn't have a brother. Should I walk with you to the front desk?" 

"No, it's fine. Sorry for the inconvenience. Good-bye, Ayano." I got out of that room.

"KAGEYAMA!" I heard yelling, and it was my whole team. They waited for me..

"What are you guys still doing here? I've been in there for two hours..." 

"How could we leave you?! Were Ayano's friends too, y'know." Ayano...

"Kageyama..." Hinata went up to me, but I don't want to show them my pathetic self. 

"She was fine. I think she might be able to get out of this hell hole in a few days, or weeks. Let's go." I walked pass them. We walked our normal way back to home. 

"Guys..." Everybody looked at me. 

"Thank you.." I smiled. 

"For everything..." Everyone smiled. 

"Kageyama." I looked back.

"If you have any trouble, tell us. Were a team." Hinata smiled. 

But...

I couldn't smile back...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To be continued....

LAST UPDATE: OCTOBER 15, 2016