Chapter 10

Tobi-chan's pov

When I got home, it was empty. I wasn't greeted with the delicious smell of dinner when I got home, or that bright smile that keeps asking me to play with her. 

I was lonely. Again...

I sighed as I put all my stuff on the ground. Slowly, I drifted to sleep...

"Onii-chan." I heard a voice. A voice that I loved. The voice I want to hear again. The voice I need. 

"Tobio...I made your favorite dinner for you." I looked back. It was mom...and Ayano. Waiting for me on the dinner table. I stood there. Confused. 

"Tobio, what's wrong?" Mom smiled at me..

"Onii-chan, come sit down. We worked so hard making this so you better eat it." Ayano laughed...

I nodded and sat down. 

"Itadaki-maaasu" They said, I grabbed my chopsticks. I grabbed the food.

Tears started appearing. I miss this taste so much. Mom...I miss you...

"Tobio...what's wrong?" She asked with a concerned face. 

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry I wasn't able to be there for you. I could've saved you. I could've done so much more. I'm sorry. I was too late. I can't do anything now. I'm sorry. Mom, come back...give Ayano a better life..." I cried, dropping my bowl. 

"Onii-chan...what are you talking about? We're all here." 

"No..." 

"Tobio..." Mom smiled. Everything around me disappeared. 

"Tobio...my Tobio...it's okay. I will always be there for you...shh..." She hugged me. I cried into her chest. 

"Mom...I'm sorry. I wanted to apologize to you this whole time...I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry..." I cried. 

"Tobio, it might be too late to save me, but you still have the chance to save Ayano." She whispered. 

"Ayano..."

All of a sudden, I jolted up. It was early in the morning. 

I have a plan. Even if it might not work, it's worth it for Ayano...

I grabbed my bag. 

I ran out the door as fast as I can. 

It's not too late. It's not too late. It's not too late. I quickly made it to the hospital. 

"Sir, who are you visiting?" The woman at the front desk asked with a confused expression. 

"Ayano. Kageyama Ayano. I'm her older brother." 

"Room 8 on the fourth floor." I thanked her and went as fast as I can. 

The elevator was crowded. Sadly. So I went up the stairs. 

When I got to her room, she was looking out the window from her bed. 

"Ayano..." She looked at me, as if I was a complete stranger. 

"Mister...it's you again..." She frowned. 

"No...I'm here for you. I'll bring back your memories. I'll bring back everything we ever shared. 

"What...?"

"Do you remember Hinata? Suga? Daichi? Any of them?" She shook her head no. 

"I have pictures. It's when you first got into the girls volleyball team. It wasn't too long ago. This was probably the most memorable moment we had with everybody. See?" I passed her the photo and she examined it. 

"That's you. And that's me. That's your new team. These are your new friends." She frowned in confusion. 

"Look. This is a picture of you, me, and mom." She took the picture from me. 

"This was before you left to the United States. So we were still young. Mom held you for such a long time, as you cried into the bus. I still remember." She examined all the photos. 

"This was the volleyball I reached you with. I taught you so many things. Because of this, you were able to get in the girl's volleyball team." She took the volleyball from my hands. 

"Ayano...you have to remember me..." I held her hands, as she gave me a concerned face. 

"I'm sorry...I think you have the wrong person. Mister, please get out now. And..while you're getting out...please call a nurse..." She looked away from me. I stood up. 

"Ayano...call me onii-chan again..." I whispered underneath my breath. I'm not giving up yet. 

"Okay..." I got out of the room, called a nurse. I looked back to see her talking. The nurse got a pencil and paper...?

I walked to school. 

"KAGEYAMA!" I heard Hinata yell. 

"How'd it go?" He asked. 

"Not yet.." I sighed. 

"Let's play volleyball! That always cheers us up!" He laughed and we both ran to the gym. 

"Nice, Kageyama!" Daichi shouted  towards me as he hit the ball. 

"WE WON!" Hinata jumped in glee. 

------------------------

The day passed by fast. I quickly ran back to the hospital. 

"Oh. It's you again..." Ayano looked at me.

 "Ayano." I walked up to her. Her face started to get scared. 

"U-Um..please go away...stop! I'll call the nurse!" She threatened but I continued walking. 

I quickly hugged her, her eyes widened at the sudden movement.

"U-Um...s-sir..."

"When we found out that mom died...we were both depressed. We missed her. But we stayed together. We held onto each other. Don't you remember, Ayano...Ayano..." I cried into her shoulders this time. 

She pushed me back.

"Go away. You pervert. Get. Out." She glared at me. 

"But Ayan-"

"I said. Get. Out." She turned her face away from me. 

"Ayano..." I sighed and walked again. I failed. Again. 

Everyday after that, I came to visit Ayano. Everyday. I failed. Over and over again. 

Until one day...

"DOCTOR. PLEASE GO TO ROOM 8 ON THE FOURTH FLOOR. THE PATIENT IS GOING THROUGH A HEART ATTACK AGAIN." My eyes widened...Ayano...again...? 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So...? How was it XD I've been wondering if any of you guys would like this story...more about volleyball...if so, I would have to change the plot I plan to go through. Please comment what you think. :) I know this doesn't get a lot of views or votes, so just one comment is fine. I just wanted to see if you guys wanted a more volleyball related book...

Thank you for reading! My next chapter will come out soon! Have a good day!

LAST UPDATE: OCTOBER 18, 2016