That girl

Carlie's POV

I was almost home when I realised I'd left my phone at Ellens and had to go back and get it. When I got there luckily the door hadn't shut properly on the latch so I could just go in without having to be buzzed. I was just about to go in the lift to the 8th floor when I could hear the shouting, and I could just tell it was them! I got into the lift and instead went to the 7th floor and just sat there on the stairs, Peering around the corner so I could see. Dan and Phil standing outside of Ellen's door, both crying.

"I've already made my decision" I held my breath as I was about to witness the moment that should have happened a month ago. She looked up before running to...Dan.

I had never seen him this happy. He grinned and cried as she wrapped her arms around him and kissed him. I had also never seen a man so broken before. Phil just let the tears run, His face showing defeat before eventually saying,

"But...Why him? Why not me?"

"Phil, You're a great guy! Really, you are, But there's just something between Dan and I. He makes me feel special! I think I might even love him Phil, and I know that might be hard to hear."

"Hard to hear? It's killing me Ellen! I finally thought I had a chance with love but no...As usual the better man won"

It was killing me just having to hear it, Let alone being Phil and having to be part of it. I couldn't sit there any longer and so I stood up and walked the last few stairs. Ellen was just saying her goodbyes and Dan went into his place to get his things to move in with Ellen. Phil just sat there on the landing against the wall with his head in his hands so I decided to sit next to him and talk to him.

"Phil? Hi Phil I'm Carlie, I'm Ellens friend! We met at vidcon?"

"Yeah...I thought I recognised you. Hi!"

"Look, I know things might seem hard now, That's totally normal. You've just had your heart broken and you have every right to be upset. I just want you to know that yeah I'm Ellens friend but if you ever wanna get out of the flat and just hang out you can always contact me, Oh and I'll point out that I am actually an adult and I just look like a child! haha! Look, I care about Ellens happiness but I also don't condone the way she just told you because she told you that she liked your best friend and then kissed him in front of you before it could even sink in? You know, I'm a big fan of yours Phil! If I was Ellen I would have chose you in a heartbeat."

The corners of his mouth twitched as if he were trying to force a smile. He hugged me before standing up. I went into Ellens place to get my phone back, Giving her a quick pep talk too as she sat on her bed crying and then went for the tube home.

Phil's POV

Carlie's talk was right. I mean, I didn't even know the girl but she was talkin sense. Dan came out of our flat carrying his things in bags. He put them down on the floor before approaching me.

"Phil...I am really sorry everything got like this. You were more like my brother than a friend and I never thought I would have to move out. It wasn't my choice who she chose so I don't get why you have to hate me? You know, We still have to work together and live next to eachother. Just tell me things might be okay between us?"

The only thing I could think of to say at that moment was something I would never normally say...

"Fuck off Dan!"

I went into MY flat and just sat on the sofa for a while before suddenly feeling the urge for revenge. I got to my computer and made a video titled "That girl". It didn't need to be done...But I did it anyway.

"So, I guess you can all see that I'm upset right now and here's the deal. A month ago I was at vidcon with Dan and we met up with a girl from youtube named Ellen...And it was love at first sight. Time went on and I fell more and more in love with her but as well as going on dates with me she was going on dates with Dan. At first I was like 'what the hell?" But she explained to me that she was torn, And that's completely understandable...But one night after I took her sightseeing, We kissed. I really felt then that there was more feelings towards me and for once I might get the girl...but she kissed Dan just days later. Things got heated between me and Dan which is why we inevitably stopped being  friends. We were arguing every day and basically hated and now still do hate being around eachother. Today things got too much and I made a comment and everything went mental. I was using the first kiss and date thing against him and he threw in a curveball and told me something had happened with them last night and I didn't want to believe it, I couldn't believe it. I asked her and everything came out and I told her I was tired of waiting and then and there that girl I had been in love with for the last month was gone, Along with my best friend and room mate. I don't really know why I've made this? I guess to tell you all the truth. What's really been happening this last month. It was that. If you take anything from this little heart to heart it's that, Never compete with a friend for a girl or guy. Either way you lose someone you care about."

-------------- -------------- --------------

One more part to go guys! :) I dunno what I'm gonna do because I didn't think it would end this quick! Knowing me I'll probably be starting the follow up tomorrow :P (Oh and the calling his video 'That girl' Just popped into my head like some weird accident and It wasnt planned)

Carlie x