Happy Families

Lucy's P.O.V- I am spending most of my time with Brian now! He's my best (and only) friend and we've been friends for about a month. He's so sweet! I'm visiting my Mum at the weekend, and I suggested that Brian should tag along, and meet my Mother. He liked the idea, though I warned him that I have younger twin siblings and that they would most likely make jokes about us going out or something similar, but he just chuckled and said that he didn't mind. I live in my own flat and have done for the past year now, but my mum just kept my room as I left it. All that's in my room is a bed, some old paintings, photos of old school friends and my old guitar. On Friday evening, I phoned Brian telling him I'd pick him up at 10 the next morning, so we could be at my Mum's house before lunch. That night I lay in my bed wondering what my family would think of Brian. I mean, Brian is very sensible. He gets good marks, has a very good reputation with all of the teachers, so my Dad should approve. If and when he meets Brian..

Saturday, 5th July 1969.

I woke at half 8, giving me an hour and a half to get ready. I want to look nice for my Mum, but I really kinda want to impress Brian too. I guess I kinda fancy him a bit. I got showered, then dressed and then I had my breakfast. By this point, it was quarter to 10 and I had to pick Bri up soon. At about 10, I arrived at Brian's house. He Kissed me on the cheek when he got in the car. He was wearing a white shirt, with a pair of black jeans. On the way we started talking, when he said: "Lucy? Wanna go out for Dinner with me on Friday?" I was thrilled. So, I naturally replied with "Yes of course, I would love to Bri". We arrived at my Mum's house, and Brian looked very nervous. I rung the door and about 10 seconds later, my mum opened the door. she hugged me and Brian, ushering us inside. I heard giggles of Emily and Ryan behind her. I hugged them both and they smiled at Brian. He smiled back.

Myself and Brian went in and sat on the sofa. Emily sat on my knee and ryan sat on the other side of me.
"So, how are you getting on sweetie?" Mum asked.

"Alright, I suppose. Well not that much happens to me at college, ya see " I say

"So how did you two meet?"Mum asks us. I glance at Brian and reply with
"Well, me being the klutz I am walked straight into Brian and dropped all my books. He stopped and helped me pick them up and turned out we were both on a fee, so we went to get some food. And that's how I acquired a friend" I say, hoping Brian would go along with it as I didn't want my mum to worry about me getting picked on. Half an hour of random questions from everyone, mum asks us if we want tea. I say I'll help, so I get up and turn to my siblings:

"Be nice to Brian guys" i warn them. They smile back at me and angelically. I heard my sister asking brian about his hair when my mum comments on how much she approves of Brian. I tell her about our plans for friday, whilst pouring the tea, her reaction was well, she Bear hugged me. Mum was always really weird like that. She was never annoyed at me having friends or Boyfriends ever (not that I had any boyfriends or many friends), unlike some peoples parents. Back in Scotland there was a girl who was once my friend, who's parents didn't let her have a boyfriend at all. We, had a massive argument and we never spoke again .... Anyway, mum stopped hugging me when we heard a massive, loud laugh come from the living room. I dashed through and saw Brian, Emily and Ryan sitting on the sofa in hysterics.

"what is going on in here" i say chuckling. The twins nod and Brian shakes his hair around leaving the twins in a large load of laughter. Brian shrugged. We drank our tea and watched the ed Sullivan show. A rerun of the Beatles performance 5 years ago. Emily sat glued to the screen wooing over how cute George Harrison and Paul McCartney looked. My mum Said that Ringo Starr is her favourite. Brian commented on how George is a musical genius, with his guitar playing, and his fantastic voice. For dinner we all made our own pizza's which was funny because we all ended up covered in flour.  After dinner Brian and myself thanked mum for having us and left my Mum's house feeling really full. I drove back to Brian's flat and got out of the car. I went round to Brian's side and I gave him a hug. 
"I really enjoyed today. Thank you" he said , pulling away from the hug and smiling, looking into my green eyes. His beautiful brown eyes and wonderful smile drew me in. Then something amazing happened; he cupped my face in his hands, leaned in and he kissed me. Our lips met, and it was wonderful. Brian's lips were soft and plump. We kissed for a good few seconds and when the kiss ended and i could feel his warm breath on my skin. He kissed my cheek and got out of the car. I can't wait for Friday!!

****author's note****

Sorry this took so long to update, hope you like it. Omg they kissed!!! 😄😄💑💋 Feedback is really appreciated !!! Thank you! Peace!