The Train

Rachel Prism's P.O.V.

The District 4 tributes have just boarded the train. Right now all of the District are in a seperate section of the train but in just a second, our escorts will guide us to a large section where we can create alliances with anyone we want. The only rule we have been given is, no more than 6 in an alliance at a time.

I don't really have any idea who will be in my alliance. I'm not sure if I can trust any of theese people. I take a glance the tributes around me.

Colt has a wide grin spread across his pretty face, obviously excited to take part in this. Locke is fidgeting with his fingers. Pearl looks like she might cry but I can tell she is trying to hold it in.

I hear the door creak open, and obviously everyone else does because she snap out of their daydreams and look up.

"Time to meet your fellow tributes!" The blue- haired capitol woman chirps happily.

We get out of our seats -some of us excited to see the tributes from 3 and 4. We only had time to see the reapings from 1.

There are 23 besdies me, some sitting on soft, velvet couches. Others walking around loudly, chattering with their "allies". I have so many options but only about 3 I think I can really trust. I mentally go through all of my available options.

Unsurprisingly, Gevan, Jordan, Eva, Sapphire, Colt and Nia have gathered dead center of the train car. They are the loudest group, occasionally yelling a joke or an insult to one of the 12 year olds.

Stephanie, Chelsea, and Pearl are seated together on a couch in the back corner of the room. They seem to be talking quietly to eachother.

I catch a glimpse of Rizzy standing to the side of the room. Alone. She is the only one here I can trust....

I can feel myself pursing my lips tightly as a try to make a quick decision in my head. If I ally with her, rather than being paired with a strong tribute, I might dje. If I don't she'll go in alone and die for sure.

"Allies?" The word flows from my mouth.

Her face brights up and a wide grin spreads across it, revealing pearly white teeth.

"Okay!" She exclaims so happily that it instantly pushes aside all doubt I had.

Lily Fawn's P.O.V

There are multiple clumps of tributes around me. I don't plan on any alliances, though. No one would want to anyways. I have no skills and I'm 12. My chances of living are about 1 in 80. But I have to try my hardest anyways! Maybe I will be able to live and come home.

I turn my attention to my fingernails, that are awkwardly uneven and begin my awful habit of biting them but a shadow blocks my light source. I look up to see Ashton, just staring at me blankly.

He stutters for a sec, sounding like he doesn't know what to say but then he blurts out-

"Do you wanna be my ally?!" I stare at him in utter bewilderment but try to control to look of shock on my face. I do not want him to think I am saying no.

"Sure." I say cooly trying to not sound desperate even though I very was, just a few seconds ago.

He smiles lightly and plops himself on the couch next to me.

"Im Ashton." He states.

"I know."

We sit in silence for the rest of the ride. Probably because of the fact that I'm quite a shy person and that we are on the way to an arena where we will probably be brutally murdered by other kids.

I take this time to see who is in each alliance.

Locke and Camil seem to be chatting happily, each of them smiling about every minute or two. Naomi and Flinn are sitting close together. Their hands locked in each other's. Brianna and Joy are lightly talking to eachother. I think I can hear them talking about their plans for the initial bloodbath.

Evelyn walks up to Nellie and says something, probably a request for an alliance. Nellie nods her head and Evelyn takes a seat next to her, confirming my expectations. Derek and Ashley are laughing together. The only person that's obviously alone is Jack, from my district.

My attention turns back to the annoyingly loud careers in the middle of the room. I don't understand how excited they are. Why are they happy to kill people? How much did they train in that career center? Whatever it is, I know it won't stop them from killing me or Ashton in a heartbeat.

And that absolutely terrifies me.

~Author's note~

Hey guys. I KNOW THIS WAS SHORT AND IM VERY SORRY!! Basically the main point of this chapter was just so that you guys can know who is in each alliance.
Disclaimer: Alliances may slightly change in arena*

Anyways, hope you guys are enjoying and as always, a vote is much appreciated!

-K