Ninth Chapter

"You now own the house. I don't know why you offer to help our business all of a sudden but I want to thank you" Rafael Santillan said after they are done with signing of the transfer of ownership of Smithe's house.

"It is for keeping something important to her. I can also see good opportunity in your business given the right attention. I am a businessman Mr. Santillan" he said nonchalantly.

"I can see that but I can also see that Williana plays an important role in your decision. Tell me Mr. Montford what are you planning for her?" hearing that from the man irritates him.

"That Mr. Santillan is none of your business" he pointed out.

"Williana is my friend. A good friend and after I saw how you broke her years ago, I can't trust you with her" Rafael Santillan told him with almost the same intensity.

"I have wronged her then but I already know my mistakes. Now she is having my child and I intend to take care of her and our baby. I don't have to prove myself to you but I am telling you I will protect them and wouldn't harm them again" he then gave him a challenging look.

"Alright I will hold you to that. Take care of her, she has suffered and strive alot after you left her" the man retaliated.

"I also want to make this clear to you. I don't want you getting near her again" he said. It is not that he didn't trust Williana but he didn't want this man or any other man getting close with her.

"You are a jealous man" the man commented with a smirk but he decided to ignore him and just leave. His business with him is done. He get his phone and called her.

"I already bought the house. If you really want to buy it then you will have to deal with me" he said before hanging up.

"So what are you planning to do now?" Leslie asked her.

"I don't know what he wanted but I will take back the house from him. My savings is still not enough but given a year or two I think I can buy it from him" she said. She had already called Rafael after Vladimir informed her of his acquisition of the house. She also asked for the price and has already asked her consultant the possible price her house might have after few years. That gives her the idea of how much she has to save to take her family's house back.

"How are you and him Wil? Do you still argue with him alot? You know it wouldn't be good for your condition to be stress too much. You should also try to control your temper around him" her brows furrowed upon hearing her cousin's advice.

"I know that Les but I can't help arguing with him especially when he is usually unreasonable with his demands. He said he wanted us to live peacefully and start treating each other well. Like he is offering some sort of friendship. He is gentle and caring at times. I can see him trying to be patient with my moods. But there are also times when I can feel that he is being cautious of me. Like he is suspecting me to do something he didn't like. He wanted me to trust him but he didn't trust me. Is that fair? Somehow I am trying to let go of our painful past and trust him again for our child but he is giving me reason not to do it. I badly wanted to believe that it was just because he is just adjusting to us living together again but I know it is not that and that annoys me" she said with frustration. Yes, she is trying to work it out with Vladimir for their child's sake but he make her feel like she shouldn't completely trust him.

"Are you falling for your ex-husband?" Les asked surprising her. She is about to deny it but then she cannot seem to do it. Leslie simply nods her head.

"I see. You have to talk to him Wil" was her cousin's advise before she heard her phone ringing. It is him.

(Where are you?) She raised her eyebrow at that even though he can't see her.

"I'm with Leslie" she simply said.

(Where?) Good thing she didn't hear any irritation in his voice because if she did she wouldn't have second thought of hanging up on him or shout on him on the phone. She just gave him the address which she thinks satisfied him so he bid her goodbye.

"I think I have to go now Les" she turned to her cousin then. She wanted to personally talk to Vladimir.

"Alright. But think of what I said Wil" and with that they head for the cafe's exit.

She is about to get inside her car when she saw a car heading toward her way. The driver seems to lose control then a deafening silence envelope her. But before darkness took over her she saw Vladimir rushing to her.