Chapter 4: Gaming evening

Finally the first school day was over, it was really boring, nothing more than information, introducing us over and over in every new period. And even in our lunch break they couldn't shut up with all the new information and so on.
But finally I was able to leave the building and leave all about school there.
"Mark!" my ears heard a known voice, and as I was looking around for the person, I saw Jack. On my face there immediately was a smile to see and I hurried up to him. "You came to pick me up from school?" Jack nodded intensely, fidgeting with his fingers. I had to smile even brighter, my mother was right, he was cute.
My hand placed itself on his head and ruffled his hair. "Thank you. It would've been awful to walk home by myself." Jack tilted his head and I couldn't see his eyes anymore, but his lips slowly formed a smile.
And so we both walked away from the school ground back to our homes.
We talked a bit about our school days and to be honest, Jack's school seemed so much better than mine. But yeah, he was going to 1st grade while I'm going to 10th grade already. Even though we had a big age gap, we got on pretty well, I liked talking to him.
After some minutes we arrived in front of my house and Jack wanted to go home. "Wait uhm... wanna come over and play some video games?"
Jack's face enlightened, but he went to his parents first to ask for their permission, of course they agreed and he came back to me.
I opened the door for him to let him in our home and asked for my mother. She came down the stairs and as soon as she saw Jack she ran to him and hugged him. "Hello Samuel! It's nice to see you!" mom always wanted a second son, but it never happened. So I knew she would treat Jack like her own son and I was fine with that, after all, he felt like a brother to me.
We went upstairs into my room, while I started my PlayStation, Jack had a look around my room. Conveniently I had placed my couch in front of the TV, so I could play comfortable. "Jack, what do you want to play? You can pick a game." He turned to me around as soon as I began to speak. Walking over to me, he said: "Do you have Overwatch? Heard it's a pretty good game."
Of course I had, it was like the Number 1 game. With that, I started the game and wanted Jack to play a round. But he once again fidgets with his fingers, nervously looking at them. "What's the matter, Jack?" "Oh.. well.." I clearly heard him gulping down some of his salvia. "..I've never played on a PlayStation. I don't really know what to do." I just had to laugh. Of course he wouldn't know that, he's 6! Placing a hand on my face to hide my laughter. "That's.. that's not a problem at all. There's a tutorial." Now we both break out in laughter.
So I selected the tutorial for him and said I'd go get something to eat.
My mom seemingly had the same thought, because she just took cookies out of the oven. "Oh Marco! Good you came down, these are for you." She said and handed me the chocolate cookie plate. "Thank you mam. I'm sure Jack will like them." "Jack?" her face told me that she was confused, but then she seemed to understand. I went back up and closed the door behind me. Jack turned around, his eyes sparkling. "Are these cookies that I smell?!" I smiled and answered with yes, handing him the plate. Within seconds the cookies were gone and the plate empty.
Luckily I could get myself one cookie.
"How's it going?" I was referencing on the game, Jack swallowed the last piece of cookie and said he couldn't get the hang of it just yet. "What's the problem?" "It's so hard to get used to these sticks, they move so fast." "Wait, I'll slow down the sensibility." I took the controller out of his hands and lowered the sensibility. Afterwards I handed it back to Jack and it was much better for him. Still, he had some more difficulties. "Wait, I'll show you." With my hands I grabbed under his arms and pulled him onto my lap. Then I went with my arms around his and grabbed the controller with both of my hand, putting my fingers over his. I couldn't see out of this angle, so I put my head onto his left shoulder. My body felt Jack's stiffen (well, this sounds wrong)

But didn't care about it. "So, if you do this... and that.."
And after some time his tension went away, I felt it. He got also the hang of the controller and we actually could play a game. We had much fun and laughed often.

The light inside my room vanished slowly, but surely. The sun was going down...

"Hey Jack" "Yeah?" there was such a small space between our faces, that we could feel each other's breath. He looked me deep into the eyes, and so did I. These beautiful blue pairs of eyes.. As if someone managed to catch an ocean's beauty and putting it into someone's eyes.
I felt his breathing become heavily, and so did mine. My eyes didn't want to let go of his face, they keep staring at him. My hand wandered from the controller, leaving his hands to his face...

And then I clamped his nose with my index finger and thumb. He couldn't breathe and slowly his face turned red. I relaxed my fingers and let him go, letting him catch his breath while I couldn't keep myself on the couch and fell because of my laughter. "You should've seen your face! Why- why- didn't you just breathe through your mouth?!" Now even Jack started to laugh, rolling on the floor. "Jack, you should get back home. You have school tomorrow." I got myself up and saw how Jack did the same.
As we walked down, I told my mum I'd quickly bring Jack over to his house and be back afterwards. She said goodbye to Jack, again with a hug. Then we both went out and down our porch. "That was fun, let's do that again!" I agreed, we definitely had to do this again! "Maybe we can do it on the weekend again, I think I'll be busy with studying and taking care of school." I ruffled through my hair, making it even messier . "Didn't think you'd be such a nerd, Mark." He grinned. "Well, last time my.. school life didn't go that well.. This time I want to make it all right." Jack looked surprised at me. "I maybe tell you one day, but not now." With my hand I messed also up his hair. "Goodnight, Jackaboy. See you tomorrow." While turning around I put both of my hands into my pockets and heard him say: "Good night, Markimoo!" As I turned around I saw him waving at me, I just nodded back at him and went inside my house.