Jack POV

It was a busy day in Savage Enterprises.

Especially for CEO, top shareholder, and entrepreneur, me. Jack Savage, son of a drunkard and an artist, turned successful business bunny. I have to thank my parents, though. For teaching me what NOT to do.

I walk the halls of my Sahara Square building, relishing the way the air conditioning makes the desert-hot air bearable.

Thank heaven I was moving to City Center. A more temperate climate might be more comfortable.

But I'd need to get police protection. Some of my enemies in the industry are getting a mite to bold.

"Mr. Savage?" Anne Darcy, my secretary asks, eyebrows raised. "Did you hear me, sir?"

I smile apologetically, well knowing that my dashing good looks and impeccable manners can win me any females good graces... Except Mer's.

(Fourth wall? What wall? I smashed it. To pieces)

"I'm afraid not, Miss Darcy. Would you repeat that, please?"

She smiles, and looked down at her notes, to collect her thoughts, I assume. She's a lioness, and her natural beauty is something I admire, but there's nothing between me or any female of any species, I prefer resolute bachelorhood. "Will you want a valet to park your car once you get to our Central HQ?"

I nod. "Yes, thank you. Who do we have scheduled for my two 'o'clock?" There's always somebody who wants something from me, and two is when I address all the charities, salesmammals, and whatnot. They all want something I've had to earn by the work of my own paws. Money.

I suppose it goes without saying that I do not enjoy my two 'o'clock. But my public awaits.

She winces in sympathy, K-9's gleaming dangerously for a moment.

"Let's get this over with."