Jack POV

I get home, well, to the apartment, later that night, and I force myself to eat dinner and shower before I text Officer H...Judy.

(-- is Jack, and ~~ is Judy)

--Hello, this is Jack.

*five minutes later*

~~Hey! I was wondering if you'd text tonight.

I grinned, glad no one was there to witness the great Jack Savage, corporate businessman, entrepreneur, and resolute bachelor going all gaga eyes over a short, not even romantic text. So she'd been thinking about me. Interesting. There seemed to be something wrong with my heart.

--Hope I didn't interrupt anything?

~~Of course not, I'm just relaxing at home, watching a movie. Wbu?

--I just got home from work.

--So still want to go out sometime?

Abort mission, abort mission, abort mission. Curse you, brain! I sound like a creeper, abort abort, abort!

~~Well, yeah! Does Tuesday night work for you?

I breathe a sigh of relief and make a mental plan to make Tuesday work.

--Yeah, does Italian sound good?

~~Sounds great!😆😇

(Because we all know Judy is the emoji user in this duo)

~~I've got paperwork to do, sorry. See you Tuesday!

--Good luck on the paperwork, see you Tuesday!

I turn off my phone with a sigh. I survived.

================================
Tuesday

I glance anxiously at the clock. She's supposed to be here in thirty seconds. But people usually show up late, right? Bad traffic, maybe? Jeez, I sound like a sixteen year old at the prom!

When she walks in, I don't know of my heart stops or speeds up fast enough to give me a heart attack.