Judy POV

I wasn't sure about the dress. I'd never worn it before; it seemed too bold, too daring, so...feminine. Don't get me wrong, I love being a girl, but this was in a completely different realm, just outside my comfort zone. But life is meant to be lived, you know?

It wasn't like it was immodest, the neckline was conservative, showing off my collarbone, but not much else. The hem reached midcalf, nothing scandalous. But every curve and bend in my body was on display, arms bare to the shoulder, where the sheer black fabric started to wind around my body. It was the kind of dress you bought and never wore, but smiled whenever you happened by it hanging in your closet, simply because if you ever did want to wear it, it was there, waiting for the day you slip it on and show the world how brave you are.

I scanned the room, searching for Jack, and finally caught a glimpse of him, blue eyes wide and mouth slightly open. I offer him a smile, and weave my way over to him, silently thanking the powers that be for my flats, glad that I had decided against heels.

"Hello." I say in greeting, seating myself. "I'm sorry that I'm late, work ran a little long."

He shakes his head, not in disagreement or dissatisfaction, but to clear it, it seems. My smile grows into a grin as I realize that I'm the reason he looks like the world was knocked out from under his feet.

"H-hello." He tries, looking mortified at the stutter, and trying again, clearing his throat. "Hello, Judy. Don't apologize about that, I understand how it is. I'm just glad you're here."

I duck my head. "Of course I'm here. What girl would miss a date with the great Jack Savage?"

Before he can process that, the waiter hands us menus, giving the both of us something to hide behind. We're acting like sixteen year olds, for the love of all things! It's not like he's my first date or anything.