Judy

I sigh. This paperwork is boring. But Nick needed my help, and I'll do anything for a friend.

Nick hears me and grins. "Hurry up, Diana's brownies are calling me!" Diana is his girlfriend, a leopard, and seems to make it her mission in life to turn Nock from scrawny to fat. The only thing she's done so far is win Clawhauser's sworn devotion.

I like her; she took the gossip of the precinct off Nick and I's relationship, which is strictly platonic. There were a couple of weeks there where it might of been otherwise, but it didn't work out. But I got to keep my friend, so I'm grateful to the powers that be.

I smile back at Nick, forcing back a yawn. "Did she make any for her boyfriend's poor partner who slaves over his overdue paperwork?"

He sticks his tongue out at me. "Mayyybee."

I stick my tongue back out at him, and return to the file work.

It takes the better portion of two hours, but we finally sign our names on the last piece of paper. Nick barely remembers to set down the pen before he bolts out the door. I shake my head, grinning as I primly push in my chair and lock the office up, making my movements prim and proper.

When I finally make it outside to my car, a plate of brownies wrapped in cellophane rests on the hood. A sticky note attached reads 'Thanks, Carrots! Nick says you wanted these, love, Diana.' I grin as I bite into the brownie. The sun has made them into a delicious gooey mess. I pull out my phone and shoot Diana a text.

You: Thanks a bunch! You're allowed to call me Carrots anytime you give me food!

Diana: Aww, thanks! Your good-for-nothing partner is currently trying to eat himself into a coma.

*pic of Nick covered in chocolate*

You: That's YOUR problem now! I resigned cleanup crew duty when you two started dating. Hint: He keeps the tranq gun under his bed.

Diana: That'll be useful... TTYL!

I turn off the phone, and start heading home. I'm beat, and hungry despite Diana's gift.