Chapter 2

Chapter 2

~Faith~

As Faith opened her now former Alpha's office door, she ran into Michael, who was standing directly in front of the door. There were fresh tears welling up in his blue eyes as he looked past Faith's small form and into his father's office. He was trying to hold them back, trying to stay strong in the face of his new Alpha. But he couldn't as he looked down at Faith's already tear stained cheeks and knelt down, bowing his head in respect.

Faith walked forward and wrapped Michael in a hug. He immediatly hugged her back, the tears falling freely. She knew he had heard most of what had happened in that office a few minutes ago. Faith rubbed his back and cried with him over their recently fallen Alpha. He was a father figure to the pack. Their eye in a storm. Their protector, their everything.

And now he's gone, replaced by a twenty-one year old girl, who had only joined their pack five years ago.

Michael straightened his posture and let go of Faith, his arms falling limply to his sides and said, "We need to hold a meeting as soon as possible. You need to appoint a second and third in command, ma'am."

Faith smiled through her tears and wiped her face with the back of her hand. "Now, Michael, there will be no 'misses, ma'ams,' or anything like that. You're one of my best friends, you don't need to be formal with me." She took his hand in hers and hugged him one more time. He nodded weakly in recognition and pulled away reluctantly, going to announce that there would be a pack meeting in half an hour.

Kevin, another one of her best friends, walked up behind Faith a couple minutes after Michael left.

"What's wrong?" He asked, seeing Faith's still wet cheeks.

"I'm the Alpha now," She said bluntly as she wiped the remaining tears away and attempted to remain strong. Kevin's mouth dropped as he looked back and forth from Faith to the former Alpha's office, knowing his body would still be there. Tears welled up in his eyes but he refused to let them fall in front of his new commander and chief.

He smiled, patted Faith on the back, and said, "Well done, my girl! I'm assuming Michael's setting up-" He was cut short by Michael's gruff voice coming over the speakers built into the giant pack house, informing everyone to be at the auditorium within the next twenty minutes.

"Yep, he was always a stickler for getting things done and over with as quickly as possible," Faith laughed and grabbed Kevin's arm to lead him to the auditorium.

Everyone was still taking their seats and chatting amongst themselves as Faith, Kevin, and Michael walked onto the raised stage in the front of the gigantic room. There was a camera off to the side to record and broadcast the entire endeavor to the other pack houses spanning the east coast. The Sunnyside Valley pack, being the largest in America, spanned all the way from the tip of Maine, down the coasts of every state, until it reached Florida. Their pack occupied most of those states except for the western most parts of them.

Clearing his throat, Michael quieted everyone down enough that you could hear a pin drop. It wasn't often that pack meetings were called that were urgent enough to not leave it up to the Betas of each individual state or city that belonged to the pack.

"Hello everyone. Today is a very rejoiceful, and happy day, but it is also one of mourning," Michael began, his voice cracking when he said the word 'mourning.' "Alpha Shade, my father, has stepped down and has appointed Faith," He gestured for the young woman to walk to his side, "as our new Alpha!" The camera zoomed in on the three of them on stage as everyone started chattering and crying about their fallen Alpha, but also clapping and smiling for their new one.