Chapter 4

Chapter 4

~Jace~

'Abused?!' Jace's wolf was pacing back and forth in his mind, obsessing over the statements that Faith had made a few minutes before. 'If I ever find out who abused our mate, I'll rip them to fucking pieces! There won't be a scrap of recognizable flesh left!'

Jace nodded to himself as he was pacing as well. He was still in the forest where he and Faith had talked moments before, trying to calm himself and his wolf.

'That's something we can both agree on. But, right now, we need to chill out so we can go back without being angry and paranoid!' His wolf growled at the command but stopped pacing. Jace let out a breath of relief as he tried to compose himself, walking back to his and Faith's packs. His wolf was still mumbling something that Jace couldn't quite make out, but guessed had something to do with ripping someone's head off.

As the intermingled packs came into view, Jace took one last, soothing breath, and began making small talk with his mate's pack members. He began sniffing around for Faith's scent to make sure she was okay, finding it immediately, but no emotions were radiating off of her. He guessed she was supressing them and kept her position in the back of his mind as he continued the small talk.

~Faith~

She breathed in and out in long breaths in an attempt to calm her nerves. Faith was weaving through the hundreds of pack members, searching for Michael and Kevin. She had already located their scents but it was difficult to maneuver through the crowd because of her height. Most Werewolves were quite tall, but some were cursed with short genetics, like Faith.

Finally, she found the two, who seemed to be in a light hearted conversation with her brother and Scott, Jace's third in command. She quickly opened up a mind link between herself, Michael, and Kevin, effectively putting a halt to their previous conversation.

Will and Scott seemed to understand as they looked at the three. Their eyes were glazed over, breathing slowed, and they nodded every so often. They swifty left them to their business and made quick conversation with another of the new pack's members.

Faith told them about what happened a few minutes before with Jace in the woods. She also told them that she was beginning to have flashbacks of those nights, so they immediately started to  lead her away from the crowd and back into the forest. It was easier to work their way through the crowd with the two of them guiding her, them being at least a head or so taller.

They made their way out of earshot as Faith finally succumbed to the memories engulfing her senses. The trio knew that was the only way to stop them; just letting them take their toll and then move on, seeing as flashbacks were a bit different for Shifters than they were for humans. They were a lot more intense and couldn't just be blocked out. When they came, it was either be knocked unconcious, or just live through them like it was that same day again.

Faith had to live through them. She had tried to knock herself unconcious before, when they first started, but it ended up being she would just relive them anyway. So, to save herself the headache when she woke up, she trusted her second and third in command to take care of her while she endeared those painful memories.

~7 years before~

'They're so typical. I can't believe I'm stuck doing all the work again.' Faith thought to herself as she was walking home from the library in town. It was about an hour walk, and raining, but her brother was out partying with Jace, so she couldn't get a ride home. She was still almost forty minutes away from her house as she fished out her earbuds and phone from her book bag, angrily shoving them in her ears, blasting Three Days Grace through the little devices.