5. Fading City Lights

I tightened the towel around me and wiped the steam from the bathrooms mirror. I cleaned up my face before putting on makeup.

My skin didn't have as much redness or blemishes as I had expected, despite the fact that I was sleep deprived. I decided to skip my foundation and go to eye makeup straight away. I started off with a light eyeshadow base and contoured my crease line. After, I applied a thick line of eyeliner on my waterline, slightly heavier than what I wear everyday. I curled my lashes and coated them in my favourite black mascara. I finished the look off with a light pink lip gloss and a light contour around my face.

I opened up my suit case and found the perfect outfit to wear around the capital city of fashion. I slipped on a green play suit and all black vans.

A flash came from my phone and a message from Jai came up

Hey Rach, I'm outside the building. I would come in and wait outside your door but I kinda need a key card to get into the building...

I giggled, opening the curtain to find Jai looking around nervously. I grabbed my bag and headed outside to meet him.

When he saw me, his face lit up and he was smiling from ear to ear but soon shook his head and gave me a shy smile.

Jai

Rachel looked beautiful. Her eye make up was a little thicker than usual and her lips were tinted in a light pink. Her lips. They looked so soft and squishy and-

"Jai? Wakey, wakey" she waved her hand in front of my face and I shook my head. "Where's your favourite place in Melbourne?" She asked.

"There's a restaurant a few blocks away. It's definitely my favourite place in Melbourne. I'll take you there, c'mon" I grabbed her hand and instantly felt a rush down my spine. She looked at me then looked down to our hands and that's when I realised what I had done. I quickly took my hand away and rubbed the back of my neck, awkwardly. "Um... We better hurry before they close," I tried to cover for myself but knew I had already made things awkward. Damn it.

We walked in silence for about 5 minutes until she decided to start up a conversation. I figured she knew how embarrassed I was so she tried to make me forget about it.

"So Jai, tell me something about yourself," she suggested.

I shrugged, "well, I have a twin brother named Luke and I play basketball sometimes,"

"Aw awesome! I've always wanted to learn how to play basketball," she smiled.

"Well, I guess I could teach you some time," she nodded and I looked back in front of me. I stepped behind her and cupped my hands over her eyes, hoping I wouldn't ruin her makeup.

Rachel

"It smells really good," I said through a smile. Jai had me close my eyes the whole time which made me even more excited to try out his favourite food. I was loving Melbourne so far. The city was so amazing and the weather was great.

Jai coughed, "Alright, are you ready for this?" He asked, eagerly.

"I don't know, I can't see" sarcasm plastered my voice, making Jai giggle. He slowly took his hands away to reveal the bucket of KFC. My huge smile slowly faded but it soon came back when I burst out into laughter.

I looked back at Jai, "This is my favourite restaurant too, but I'm pretty sure they have one of these everywhere in the world." We laughed and started eating our favourite meal.

Jai and I finished the whole bucket within a matter of minutes and in that time, the sun was already starting to go down. We exited the restaurant and started walking the opposite way to where the hotel was. It soon led us to a small park with only a walk way, a few trees and benches. The tree trunks were wrapped with glowing Christmas lights, making the lonely park seem some what lively.

I followed him to one of the benches surrounded by bright lights. I sat next to him and he smiled at the surroundings. "This is my favourite place in Melbourne. Every night before Christmas, when I felt stressed out or had a bad day, I'd go here to make me feel better and calm me down" he said.

I looked around in amazement, dazzled by the beautiful light. "Wow," I said, still starstruck, "it's beautiful here."

Jai didn't reply but I knew he agreed. I looked over at him and examined his profile. He had a defined jaw line with a little stubble starting to show. His eyes were the colour of hazel nut and his hair was gelled up at the front.

He looked at me and smiled but I didn't do anything but sit there staring at him in complete silence. He furrowed his eyebrows, confused but soon smiled at how silly I must have looked. His smile faded and we locked eyes. It was not long until I realised my lips were gently pressed against his and I had my arms around his shoulders. It took a while before we finished but when we did, Jai had the biggest smile on his face. I bit my lip, holding in a smile.

"I think I should walk you home now," he said, holding my hand and starting to walk.

***

After Jai dropped me off back at the hotel, I quickly went upstairs to change and get ready for bed. I felt a vibration in my pajama pants.

It was great being able to show you my favourite places in Melbourne. We should do something again sometime(: Good night

It suddenly all came back to me. I kissed Jai. Wait no, he kissed me. But I kissed back. Ugh what is wrong with me?!

I quickly typed

night Jai xo

And sent. xo? Really Rachel? I finally climbed into bed when I felt another vibration in my hands.

play hard tomorrow, beautiful. I know you'll do great! :* <3

I bit my lip holding in a smile.

___________________________

dat kiss doe lol

How are you liking the new chapter?

Like, comment, add and share this link on twitter, tumblr or any social network please <3