Chapter 14: A Dream

*Ms. Bitter*

I saw myself in a full length mirror wearing a white knee-high dress with my hair braided to my side. I look like someone from those stupid fairytale movies I watched when I was a kid and I twirled and twirled like a princess wearing her first birthday dress. The thing is that it's not my birthday or any occasion that I was invited in. Panic rises in my body when I realized that I was alone in a big room with nothing but this big mirror in front of me.

In the corner of my eye I saw a red door. I walked towards it and when my hand touched the cold knob I hesitated for a moment but I let my hand turned it open. The door opened a magical place I've never seen before. A garden full of flowers of different kinds and in different colors amuses my eyes like small ballerinas dancing in the night. Everything seemed to spark even the water that is flowing in the river behind the big sparkling oak tree. In the center of the garden is a big grand piano where someone is playing a soft melody. His back is facing me and I can't see who it is playing. He is wearing a black suit that makes his body leaner and muscular. I walk towards him and when I'm almost reaching him I feel a soft thing cuddling me. I close my eyes and when I opened them again-.

I saw Lochan lying beside me; his face is just inches closer from mine and his hands are stretched to my back. We're hugging each other! It took me seconds to let things sink in my mind before I let out a little scream that had been stucked in my throat.

"Ahhhhh," I pushed him to the side. "Anong ginagawa mo? Anong ginawa natin?" I look down at my clothes. I'm still wearing them so it means nothing happened. I let out sigh.

"Alam mo kung may ginawa man tayo, you're reaction won't be like that. Para kang pusang binuhusan ng malamig na tubig." Tinakpan niya ng unan ang ulo niya at bumalik sa pagkakahimbing.

Binato ko siya ng unan at tumayo. Pumunta akong washroom para ayusin ang sarili ko. I smoothed the tangles in my hair and wash my face. I looked myself in the mirror and think of the dream I just had a moment ago.

“Who’s that guy?” I asked myself. I’ve never had a dream as beautiful as that before. All I had was nightmares of my dad leaving and the memory where my mom wept in the floor begging him to stay. There are also bits when Alex left me for another girl. All those pain I’ve kept in my heart and tears that I’ve cried. I always remember them when I sleep and even in my safest slumber they always haunt me.

I shook my head before leaving the washroom. Pagkalabas ko ay siya namang pagbangon ni Lochan. He stretched like a cat and made a big sound that means he’s already awake.

“Uwi na ako.” Kinuha ko ang bag ko at nang nagsusuot na ako ng sapatos biglang nagsalita si Lochan.

“Ganoon na nalang? Aalis ka na lang pagkatapos ng nangyari sa atin?” He smirked and smoothed his bed hair. I hate how he looks someone from a magazine with his almost perfect hair that seemed to glow from the rays of the sun that’s coming out from the curtain window. He looks like a prince that has just woken up.

“Yeah right! Sabihin mo yan sa susunod na babaeng iiwan mo sa kama,” sabi ko habang inaayus ang laces ng sneakers ko. “Tska pupunta pa akong school.”

“Wala namang pasok ngayon a.”

“May kikitain ako.”

“After the intimate night you share with me, may kikitain ka pang ibang lalaki? Ouch. Sana sinabi mo yan, bago ko binigay ang sarili ko sayo.” Hinawakan niya ang dibdib niya at nag-aarting nasasaktan.