Chapter 22

Breia's POV

I sauntered down the hall to Layla's master bathroom, pulling along my bag full of clothes and other necessities. 

I opened the door before shutting it gently behind me. I stripped down before turning on the shower head. I stepped in, letting the cool water warm up on my skin, running my fingers through my now wet hair I thought about everything that took place today. How my day went from okay to the most horrible day in history.

I literally wanted to die. The pain I felt in my chest, my heart being squeezed to death was unbearable.  And not only that, how it felt for my own boyfriend who I've been committed to for over 5 years didnt even trust me. Thats what hurted the most.

It didnt take long for my eyes to swell up and tears began to flow. I ran a hand through my hair and leaned against the shower wall, slowly sliding down until I felt the coolness of the tile floor. My head fell between my legs and sobs filled the stuffy air around me. I cried until there was nothing left but the pain in my chest and my body was numb.

I gathered myself from the floor and shut off the water. Grabbing a towel from the rack, I wrapped the cloth around my body and another around my dripping hair. I dried off and pulled on an old pair of sweats and put my hair in a side braid down my shoulder before picking up my belongings and stepping out into the hallway. 

I walked past the living room where Layla lay cuddled up in Noah's arms watching something on Tv. Which only reminded me of Harry and I so I quickly scurried off to the guest room and climbed into the fluffy bed.

I pulled out my earphones and my phone and went to my playlist. Clicking on play, I listened to the first song that played.

You know I'd fall apart without you. Dont know how you do what you do. Cuz everything that dont make sense about me, makes sense when I'm with you. Everything that's green girl I need you. Cause its more than one and one makes two. Put aside the math and the logic. Girl and, gotta know you want it to. I wanna wrap you up. Wanna kiss your lips. I wanna make you feel wanted. I wanna call you mine wanna hold your hand forever. Never let you forget it. Baby I wanna make you feel wanted.....

Those lyrics played in my mind as I drifted off to sleep.

The Next Morning

I applied neutral eyeshadow to my lids and light foundation around my eyes to hide the dark circles from lack of sleep. I then added a bit of mascara and a nude gloss to my lips before walking over to my bag of clothes. I pulled out a cream colored sweater and a pair of skinny jeans with my brown combat boots then locked the door to get dressed.

After getting dressed, I wondered down the hall gathering my hair into a high pony on my way to the kitchen to eat breakfast. After last night's events Layla insisted she take me out to the mall to get my mind off of things so I couldn't beat myself up over 'stuff' more than I already have.

I sat myself at the counter, eating an apple while lingering around on Twitter. I read some of the comments that people tagged me in of the picture of Dylan and I "kissing" at dance. Hurtful comments like 'slut' and 'bitch' blurred my vision as tears threatened to spill. But I knew I was stronger than that and I wasn't a wimp and I was not gonna let Celeste get away with this. She was gonna pay. Big time.

~⊙~

We've been at the mall for about 2 hours. Windowshopping and talking about stuff. Basically catching up. Not once did Layla bring up Harry and I's argument which I was grateful for because Im sure that If I even sorta think about Harry right now I'm gonna break down and cry infront of all of these people.

We walked and talked until our feets were about to fall off and our stomaches were rumbling. We decided to take a break and eat at Starbucks. We stood inline and ordered our drinks. I ordered my usual which was a caramel mocha frap.

After we ordered, we sat down at one of the many tables. A comfortable silence fell around us as we sipped our drinks, which gave me time to collect my thoughts. I chewed on the tip of my straw as I thought about random stuff and how I was gonna kick Celeste's ass into the next century until I felt a tap on my shoulder.

I quickly turned around and I nearly swallowed my straw as I met those pair of green eyes that I haven't seen in what? a week? Yeah thats it. My stomache was literally in my throat and I had to blink a couple times to make sure my eyes weren't deceiving me. I slowly got up as I wasn't ready to face him, let alone talk to him right here infront of all these strangers because I'm sure if I did there would be screaming and yelling involved.

I began walking, heading for the nearest exit when a voice rang out. "You can't run from all of your problems, Breia. No matter how hard you try, youre gonna have to face them one way or another so why not face them right here. Right now." Suddenly I felt angry, a need to lash out overcame me, so I kept walking until I reached the exit about to push the door open when someone grabbed my wrist, yanking me back until I hit a hard chest.

"Let me go. Youre hurting me." I cried out, reaching for the strong arm that held my wrist. His grip tightened even more causing whimpers to fall from my lips and tears to form. "Harry please." I plead again and again until he finally let go of my wrist, grabbing my hips instead and resting his forehead on mine. "I'm sorry." he whispered. "I didnt mean to hurt you. Please hear me out." I shook my head, turning to the side so he couldn't see me or stare into my eyes.

"Baby please." he whispered searching my face for any emotion whatsoever. His finger grabbed the tip of my chin turning my head until our faces were only millimeters away from each other. His hot breath fanned over my lips and his minty breath filled my nostrils. He grabbed my face between his two large hands as he filled the space between us. Sparks flew and butterflies fluttered in the pit of my tummy as he kissed me for the very first time in a week. My knees nearly buckled as he deepened the kiss and he wrapped an arm round my waist to steady me while the other cupped my cheek. Our lips moved in perfect synchronization for what felt like an eternity until we both pulled away for air.

"I missed you so much. You know that?" Harry grinned. "Now I do..." I trailed off as I glanced at Harry's perfect features already staring down at me, causing a smile to form upon my lips. He pecked my lips then grabbed my hand, placing a small kiss to it, "I promise to never ever let you go again..."

"Pinky promise?"

"Pinky promise."