☼Chapter 3

*I dedicate this chapter to StephDaBish for the wonderful banner she made. (see mulitmedia)

3.

                                                    Saturday mornings are bliss. Finally I could take a break from school.  I got out of bed and paced around. What now?

It was finally dawning on me, the absurdity of my situation with Aiden. I still cannot believe he's gay after all the emotional turmoil he has caused, I still cannot believe that he is in love with his own best friend.

Well you know what they say,'still waters run deep,' I muttered with a sigh.

I did my usual Saturday routine,first by cleaning my room and then doing errands. Nothing exciting ever happened to me before. I was just Asia Cassidy, the girl who passes her assignments on time, washes the dishes after dinner, answers occasional calls of panic from friends, and the usual helping grannies cross the street, and maybe even help them distinguish a broccoli from a Kale. 

After helping dad clean and vacuum the cars and assisting mom with baking her delicious apple and cinnamon pie, I started to get bored. Claude was in his room, doing whatever and London was probably in some other guy's apartment. What was I supposed to do in a cool Saturday afternoon like this?

Right on cue my phone lit up, hopefully it can get me out of this boredom.

'hey girl wanna go malling? xoxo' I read Emerald's text. I do want to go malling today, I'm bored beyond belief and I'm in the mood for some shopping.

'Sure I'll pick you up in 15 mins. :)' I texted her back.

It was the usual chilly Nashville autumn weather so I grabbed my old baby blue hoodie from the rack. I really can't Remember buying this one for myself but for some reason I really love it. It's like my go-to hoodie for any occasion that requires wearing one.

"Going somewhere hun?" Dad asked as I crossed the living room, he was flipping through the channels, probably trying to find some tennis show on.

"I'm gonna go shopping with Ems," I replied as I tried miserably to finish of a messy french braid.

Dad momentarily paused his channel hunting to look at me, age lines were evident at the corners of his eyes but he was still as handsome as a matinee idol. He gave me the "lawyer's eye", trying to decipher if I was lying or hiding something. He seemed to believe me as he gave a slight not. "Enjoy yourself then," he said, beaming at me.

I'm not bragging or anything but I think dad trusts me the most.

"Sure will," I replied, smiling back, "by the way where's London?" I asked although I have a hunch.

"She said something about coffee with some guy named Sam," dad answered nonchalantly as he shrugged his shoulders.

'Pfft if only he knew.'

I went to the kitchen to grab my spare car key and to kiss mom on the cheek but as I was about to scram out of the house, Claude yelled from upstairs.

"A, wait!" He called out.

I stood there by the doorstep tapping my foot and checking my now functional wristwatch, he's probably gonna ask me to drive him somewhere.

Claude came down the stairs, he was wearing a simple white shirt and a letterman jacket.

"Where are you going?" I heard dad ask him, mom came out of the kitchen to probably ask him as well.

"To Glen's" he replied like it was the most obvious answer in the world, "with Matthew and the guys," he added, mom and dad still looked unconvinced.