Three

Sincere

"I'm so sorry Sincere," Effrin mumbled into my hair.

I sighed, even though I really didn't want to forgive him, but who was I to blame when I was a cheater just like him? Maybe even worse. I've been sleeping with the closest person to him, besides me, for a few months and I really should forgive him, in sake of my relationship with Harlem. Plus, I can't lose Effrin. I just can't. Who's going to be my source of income if he and I break up? I'm not getting a damn job. Shit, no place is going to want me. I didn't even finish college because I was caught up in the glamor of Effrin and Harlem's lifestyles. I spent a few months in college and then once I started investing more into my relationship with Effrin, I threw my dream away. What was the point in me working, like Jay, when I have two men that will wait on me hand and foot?

I sighed and looked up at Effrin before quickly kissing his lips. "I love you baby. I know you messed up but it was just one mistake that we can get through," I said to him.

A huge smile appeared across his face. "Good. So you ain't mad at me no more?"

"No. I'm still just pissed that you hid it from me for so long," I replied.

"I know but look I ain't got no more secrets to hide from you, I promise."

I wrapped my arms around his neck and looked into his eyes. "You sure you ain't get any more bitches pregnant?"

He sighed. "She's the only time I cheated Sincere. I promise I'm ain't tryna hurt you. You know I love you girl."

"You don't act like you do sometimes," I mumbled, knowing this would push his buttons but I knew it would also get me something else I wanted. Every time Effrin and I got into it he'd end up feeling bad because I'd play the pity act, then I'd get to go shopping with his credit card.

"You know I love you, so don't even start that shit Sin. How come I buy you all this shit and take such good care of you if I ain't love you? Ion know anotha nigga that spend so much on his girl, like I do for you. Rememba a few months ago when Harlem got into some shit and we barely had any money left? Rememba that?" He asked, trying to jog my memory.

I nodded my head. Trust me, I remember what happened a few months ago. Harlem got into it with some guys up North and they ended up stealing all of his products. That left Harlem's business in jeopardy and left all of his workers with a couple hundred dollars to survive on until he got his business back on track, which is just starting to get back on it's feet today.

"That last hunnid dollars of ours, who did I spend it on?" Effrin asked. I looked down not wanting to answer him but he lifted my head up. "Who I spent it on ma?"

"Me," I mumbled.

"Yeah so instead of gettin' the stuff we needed I bought you shit jus' 'cause I love you and ain't want none of what we got into to affect you. So, don't act like I ain't treatin' you good when I adore the hell out of you every chance I get," he said. "Ma, can we not let one broad wit' a loose ass pussy, that wasn't shit compared to yours, affect our relationship? I'm tired of fightin' wit' you Sin."

"Alright. I'll drop it then Vinny."

"Okay, now go get dressed so we can head out of here," He replied.

"Where are we going?"

"Don't worry about it, just go get ready," He said walking out of the bathroom.

I sighed and closed the door behind him so I could take a shower like he told me to. I wiped my face and walked over to the shower, turning it on, realizing we were just going to the mall so Effrin could shower me with gifts like he always does after an argument.