Fifteen

Sincere

Effrin dropped me in the pool as soon as he heard Antoine say that. "What the hell did you just say about my girl?"

Antoine shrugged his shoulders, coming towards Effrin as Effrin came towards him. "You heard what I just said. I didn't stutter."

"Stop being such a liar all the damn time. I'm tired of your shit. Just stay away from me and my girl."

"You, I can stay away from, but not your girl. She know it's the truth, ask her. Every time you put it down she sneaks out to find me and do the same with me. Ask her," Antoine said, folding his arms.

Effrin turned to me as he began to turn red, letting his anger take over him like always. "Look let me explain baby, he was a mistake," I tried to explain to Effrin before he did something crazy out here.

"A mistake that lasted seven months?" Antoine asked, laughing.

Effrin raced over to me with his hands clutched into fists. "You've been sleeping with him for seven months and you had the audacity to sit up and cry when I cheated that one time?"

"You're just as guilty as me!" I yelled as he grabbed my shoulders, pushing me into the side of the pool.

"How am I just as guilty when you knew what you've been doing? I been told you I was off a molly that night. I didn't know what was going on but you did and you know you've been screwing me over all this time but you don't even care. And with him," he asked pointing to Antoine, who was looking satisfied with what he did. "I wouldn't have been that mad if you found somebody who was at least on my level. You know he's been a piece of shit since the day he met you. You're just another one of his hoes he goes through Sincere, and I'm pissed you haven't realized how he's been playing you."

"Man shut up," Antoine said, splashing water all over Effrin's back.

Effrin quickly turned around and started splashing water on him. "So, we're splashing water now nigga?" Effrin yelled swimming over to Antoine. Antoine tried moving but Effrin grabbed a hold of his head and pushed it down in the water. Antoine squirmed under the water, trying to get out of Effrin's grasp but Effrin only held him down, hitting and kicking him as people started screaming for him to stop.

"Vinny, baby stop," I yelled swimming over to him. I grabbed his arms, trying to pull him back but he'd only shrug me off of him. "Effrin McDonald!" I yelled trying to get his attention.

He finally turned around, slapping the taste out of my mouth. I know I screwed up big time but I wasn't about to let Effrin embarrass me out in public so I punched him in the face, giving him exactly what he deserved. He wasn't about to put his hands on me and get away with it, especially out in public.

He laughed and wiped the blood off of his busted lip. "You're a bitch," He mumbled, grabbing my hand.

He yanked me out of the pool and dragged me upstairs to our suite as people gave us all types of stares, wondering what we were doing. As soon as we got up to our suite, he closed the doors and shut all of the curtains before running over to me, probably to beat the life out of me again. Effrin pushed me down on the ground. I tried running away from him but I was too stupid to forget that Effrin was faster than me and no matter how fast I ran, he'd always be able to catch up to me. He jumped down on top of me, making sure I couldn't run away from him.

"Effrin stop," I yelled trying to grab his hands but he smacked me away. "I know you're mad but please stop, please. They're going to call security on you and they're going to put you in jail. Please don't do this here."

"I don't give a damn about the police. You've been sleeping with my best friend behind my back, then you always have me feeling bad for you. You're a dirty hoe. I can't believe I thought about getting married to your dirty ass."

"Effrin don't say stuff like that. I love you."

"If you loved me you wouldn't have been sleeping around on me for seven months. That's not love. You must hate me," he said, pulling my hand from under him. He grabbed my ring finger and yanked my ring off. He stood up and sat the ring down on the dresser as he dug around in the bottom of the dresser draws, pulling out his gun. "Don't ever think the two of us are getting married. I kill dirty hoes like you," He said, cocking the gun and pointing it in my direction.

"Effrin I forgave you! How come you just can't forgive me?" I asked as tears poured out of my eyes. I wasn't afraid of having a gun shoved in my face because at the end of the day I knew he wouldn't kill me. He might let his anger take full control of him and possibly shoot me, but he'd never kill me.

"Because you knew what you were doing! You were sleeping with that piece of crap for seven months, you could have come to me any of those times about it but you didn't. You're just as dirty as him."

"I know I am but I'm sorry baby," I said finally getting a chance to sit up.

"Don't call me that! Whatever we had going on is over. The engagement is off. I'm not your fiancee, boyfriend, anything! I'm not waiting on you hand and foot any more. I'm done messing around with you Sincere. You're dirty. When we get back to Compton you need to get the hell out of my house."

"What about my stuff?" I yelled as I stood up.

"My stuff! I bought you all that shit! Ain't none of that shit yours, so don't ever think it was! Don't be surprised if I don't burn up all that tacky shit up either," He said, sitting his gun down on the dresser.

"Come on Effrin you're making a big deal about this. I cheated and I'm truly sorry. I promise you it won't happen again."

"Yeah it won't happen again because I'm done with you. Damn, was the baby even mine or were you just lying about that too? You had me crying over you when I shouldn't even be stressing over dumb whore's like you. I should just kill you and get you out of my life."

"Effrin, you don't mean that."

He spat in my direction, looking me up and down. "Bitch don't even say my name. You're always talking about Jay but you're just as low down and scummy as her. I knew I shouldn't have started messing around with you. I should have just robbed and killed you, like I was supposed to do," Effrin grabbed a hold of me and threw me down on the ground with everything in him. "You a disgusting piece of trash. How the hell could you cheat on me? I gave you the world! I should have just listened to everybody when they said you were just another hoe from the hood. I should have just hit and quit, like I planned on doing. I see you can't ever wife up a hoe, 'cause once a hoe always a hoe. Now, what the am I supposed to do with this damn tattoo?" He asked, referring to the tattoo he had of my name on his chest. "I can't have a whore's named tattooed on my body. I only get real females' names on me."

"I am real!" I yelled.

"You ain't shit," he yelled to me. "See whores like you get their asses kicked."

"You aren't gonna do anything," I replied as my voice cracked because I knew he'd do it.

"Are you dumb? I've done it before and I don't care about doing it now."

"Yes you do. You love me just as much as I love you Effrin. You can't do this to me."

"You been screwing me over for seven months! Why shouldn't I do this to you? Tell me why I shouldn't shoot you and leave you for dead? Give me a reason why," he yelled, climbing back on top of me. "Tell me why," he asked, continuously hitting me. I tried wiping the tears up on my face but he slapped my hands down. "Tell me why," He yelled again.

I shrugged my shoulders. "I don't know Vin--"

He didn't even let me finish before he started throwing punches my way.

)�5�'