I'll Protect You

Today was the day. I was moving back to my hometown of London from bright and sunny LA, California. The last time I was here was the summer before I started grade 9. I was 4'9", chubby, and geeky. I had glasses, and teeth that were completee shit. Crooked. Yellow from eating so much junk food. Plus, they had a huge gap between them. I had short, nappy, dark brown hair. It was black and only came down to about my chin. I had beautiful blues eyes. Those were my favourite thing about myself.

What am I like now you may ask? Well, as most people would call me, a normal Californian beauty. I was 5'4" and skinny. I only weighted about 113 pounds. You could see my hip and collar bones, but I didn't have a thigh gap like most girls wanted. My thighs touched, but they weren't bit. I have long,soft, shiny, dark red hair. Well, at the moment any ways. I was always dying it. It had been blonde, red, black, dark blue, purple. Even once it had been blonde with the underneath bright pink. It flowed all the way down to my lower back, right above my bum. My eyes were ice blue and had contacts now instead of glasses. My once horrid teeth were now perfectly straight and pearly white. My breasts were on the larger side and my bum well, I had what the guys would call a "perfect ass". I had a lip ring, a nose ring that I didn't wear all that often, a belly button piercing and my hips were pierced. 3 studs on each side. I know. Sounds crazy. Right? It was a new thing that girls were doing at my old school in LA. I got it first, then a couple of my friends, and before we knew it, it was started to go all over the nation! I had a couple tattoos also. One was a largish dream catcher on my left side on my ribs. One was an infinity sign on the back of my neck. My third was a cross behind my right ear. And my last one was the word 'Love' written on my inner ring finger on my left hand.

Before I had left for America, I had a happy life. I wasn't popular no, but I had a few friends. One inparticular, I fell head over heels in love with. He was my neighbour. We lived in the rich part of the town. His name was Harry. Harry Styles. We used to do everything together. Laugh. Joke. Get into trouble. Have water fights in the summer and snow ball fights in the winter. We knew everything about each other and spent every living moment together that we could. I told him everything about me and he told me everything about him. I would call him on the phone in my room in the middle of the night when I had a nightmare or couldn't sleep and we would fall asleep on the phone together. He had dark chocolate curls and vibrant green eyes. he was 14 when I moved and I was 13. We were about to start grade 9 together. Same classes and everything. I can still remember the day I left. We sat there holding each other, me crying in his arms and him whispering that we would be together again soon. When I moved, we kept contact with phone calls and video calls on the computer, but that only lasted 2 or 3 months. we both had stopped coming in contact with each other. I hated not talking to him, but I soon got over it.

 I walked down the hall of the new school and got stares from everybody. It was winter and the middle of the year. Nobody knew who I was except one of the teachers who knew I was coming back. I made me way to the office and got my schedule and some other things for my mum to sign. I played with the sweater I had on. It was black. I had on a blue tank top, skinny jeans with holes going down them in random places, and black boots. I had put in a few gold bracelets, a pair of dangling cross earrings, a long, gold cross necklace, and some random gold rings to match. My hair was perfectly straight and teased a bit to give it some volume. I had on some power foundation, smokey eye shadow, a light black eye liner on my bottom water line, a thick line on my eye lid with a little wing, lots of mascara to make my eye lashes look amazingly long and full, pink blush, and red lipstick.

"Hope. You can come with me. I'll show you to your first class." The principle said. I nodded with a smile and stood up. my pink folder, pink glitter notebook and pencil case in one arm, my iPhone in my hand, and a coffee in the other. I followed the man out of his office. 'Mr.James' was his name. I only knew that because it said that on the door as we walked out. My first day of grade 12 at a school I used to go to, but nobody knew me. I might as well been moving to a completely new school.